Our Calgary based energy client has an immediate need for a Cloud Business Analyst (BA) to help understand our client’s business context, processes, practices, and requirements gathering to help chose and implement a cloud solution. This may entail interviewing, facilitating working sessions, and having follow up sessions with both business and IT stakeholders within the organization. The BA will work with Cloud Architects and rest of Cloud team to define and design an appropriate cloud strategy and solution. This is contract position scheduled to run for five months duration.
The BA will be responsible for:
• Qualitative discovery of workloads/apps; define and guide data collection
• Analysis of apps from determining cloud value and technical feasibility
• Research and impact analysis of cloud solutions
• Development of business case and roadmap definition.
- Conduct interviews and sessions to gather business requirements
- Define business architecture app in terms of micro services using domain driven design and other methods like UML modeling
- Identify and define desired future state from a vision level down to specific features and user stories
- Use and lead Behavior Driven Design (BDD) to develop business requirements, behavioral spec and acceptance tests
- Develop user stories spec for development
- And by default will do some of the QA- esp functional and UAT testing
• At least 5 years of experience as a business process analyst or a business systems analyst (conducting business/enterprise analysis to understand business context, objectives, drivers, processes, and needs)
• Agile experience
• Advanced knowledge of and ability to perform analyses such as, GAP analysis, process mapping, root-cause analysis, risk analysis and requirements gathering
• Has a technical background or experience as a developer, tester, IT business analyst, an architect, or technical/software sales engineer specifically around BDD, portal development and API development
• Have working understanding and knowledge of cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS); experience in defining, designing and implementing cloud solutions preferred
• BS, BA undergraduate degree, preferably with a computer type degree (MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering)
• Excellent communication – verbal, written, and presentation skills; adept at communicating and managing stakeholders at all level
• Excellent organizational skill and ability to juggle multiple demands without missing deadlines
• Strong teambuilding skills and teamwork orientation
• Strong creative problem-solving skills
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.