Our Banking Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Cloud Data Engineer for a six month contract with high possibility of extension.
As a Cloud Data Engineer, responsible to design and implement the enterprise level data initiatives for the Client. As a Cloud Data Engineer within EDS, your primary job is to engage in a variety of data analysis and development activities that contribute to the design and development of enterprise level data repositories for enablement of AI, Machine Learning and data analytic
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge Google Cloud technologies and will have the opportunity to learn while working with intelligent colleagues, well experienced in data management.
Typical Day in Role:
- Conducting data profiling to understand source data structure and contents including data granularity, data format and data volume.
- Performing data analysis to drive the target data architecture
- Creating data curation specifications based the target architecture
- Development of data transformation/loading pipeline according to the data curation specification
- Work closely with the Business Analyst, Developers and QAs
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have Skills:
- Highly proficient in SQL (3+ years of experience)
- Fundamental knowledge on RDBMS, CLOUD and Big Data technologies
- Familiarity in data wrangling techniques
- Strong Python or Java Programming skills
- Familiarity with Objected Oriented Design and Development methodologies
- Knowledge of Analytical tools such as R/SAS
- Knowledge of BI tools such as PowerBI/Tableau, etc.
- Exposure to CI/CD tool sets such as Bitbucket, Jenkins etc. and to Cloud technologies
- Familiarity with Agile development
- Good Communication skills
- Experience working in data warehouse environment
- Fi/Banking Industry experience.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.