CNC Lathe Machinist
- Oakville, Ontario (Relocation Assistance Available)
- Minimum of 3 years CNC Experience
- Afternoon Shift (Monday to Thursday, 4:15 PM to 2:45 AM, 5% premium)
- Permanent, min 40 hours per week
- $29 per hour + opportunities for overtime
- Company Paid Benefits, RSP Matching
Are you looking working with a rapidly growing company where you are an integral part of the organization and your contribution makes a big impact?
Ian Martin Group is working with a client that is a leading supplier of precision-machined components to the international nuclear industry. They have a great reputation and a proven track record of success. Everyone you will work there is passionate about the work that they do.
As our new CNC Lathe Machinist, you will strive to hit 100% first time throughput on setup’s. You are not afraid to ask questions and will seek out answers when unsure leveraging the knowledge of those around you. You will have a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency. You have a great work ethic and like to see a job well done.
Your tasks will include:
- Reporting to the Production Supervisor and responsible for the operation of CNC machines in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Set up, troubleshoot and operate Lathes and Mill Turn CNC Machines as well as other manual machining equipment
- Read and interpret technical drawings to verify parts, machine and production is setup to achieved conforming parts at the correct cycle time.
- May transfer CNC programs between CNC equipment. Makes minor changes to existing programs in accordance with established procedures by hand at the controller.
Working with Ian Martin Group to Find Your Next Career
We’re a big company with a lot of history, but with a personalized approach and a genuine interest in finding you your perfect fit. The client that we are working with offers a highly competitive wage with benefits and RSP matching plan. They offer a great work environment where people have a lot of pride in the work that they do and enjoy the people they work with.
- Certification of Qualification Journeyman Machinist (429A) preferred
- At least 3 years of experience using 4 and 5 axis lathes, long lathes, and/or mill/turn machines in stainless steel
- Manufacture precision-machined components working to tolerances of +/- .0002”
- Previous experience in Nuclear, Aerospace or Defense industries is considered an asset
- Proficiency interpreting complex manufacturing drawings with GDT specifications
- Ability to work independently to complete assignments promptly while maintaining the high standards required for the industry
- Demonstrated ability to adaptable team player with strong communication and problem-solving skills
Are you ready to apply and feel you fit the criteria above?
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. Or you can give us a call at 1 (800) 567 9675 x 2283 or call/text us at (905) 330 9861. If you text, please include your name and position you’re interested in.