CNC Operator (Days)
- Oakville, Ontario
- At least 1 year of experience on both CNC Mill and Lathe
- Relocation Package available
- Monday to Thursday, 10-hr Shift
- $24 per hour + Opportunities for Overtime
- Company Paid Benefits, RSP Matching
Are you looking to work with a rapidly growing company where you are an integral part of the organization and your contribution makes a big impact?
Ian Martin Group is working with a client that is a leading supplier of precision-machined components to the international nuclear industry. They have a great reputation and a proven track record of success. Everyone you will work there is passionate about the work that they do and takes pride in their products.
As our new CNC Operator, you strive to maintain the best quality. You are not afraid to ask questions and will seek out answers when unsure. You can leverage the knowledge of those around you. You will have a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency. You have a great work ethic and like to see a job well done.
Your tasks will include:
- Reporting to the Production Supervisor and responsible for the operation of CNC machines in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Operating one or more machines concurrently in assigned area under limited supervision
- Perform basic machine adjustments, set tools per Tooling Set Sheet;
- Read and interpret technical drawings to very machined parts
- Perform simple preventative maintenance on machines and keep them and work area clean; notify maintenance when abnormalities occur
Working with Ian Martin Group to Find Your Next Career
We’re a big company with a lot of history, but with a personalized approach and a genuine interest in finding you your perfect fit. The client that we are working with offers a highly competitive wage with benefits and RSP matching plan. They offer a great work environment where people have a lot of pride in the work that they do and enjoy the people they work with.
- Educational background in manufacturing or equivalent work experience on CNC machines
- At least 1 year of experience running minimum of 3 axis CNC mills, multi-axis lathes, long lathes, and/or mill/turn machines
- Expertise in reading and interpreting engineering component drawings including strong understanding of metrology and GD&T
- Must have knowledge of G and M codes to understand the functions.
- Ability to work independently to complete assignments promptly while maintaining the high standards required for nuclear industry
- Manufacture precision-machined components working to tight tolerances
- Demonstrated ability to adaptable team player with strong communication and problem-solving skills
Are you ready to apply and feel you fit the criteria above?
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. Or you can give us a call at 1 (800) 567 9675 x 2283 or call/text us at 289-460-3808. If you text, please include your name and position you’re interested in.