- Oakville, Ontario
- Education / Training and/or 2 years of relevant experience
- Relocation Package available
- Days Shift, min 40 hours per week
- $24 per hour + opportunities for overtime
- Company Paid Benefits, RSP Matching
Are you looking working with a rapidly growing company where you are an integral part of the organization and your contribution makes a big impact?
Ian Martin Group is working with a client that is a leading supplier of precision-machined components to the international nuclear industry. They have a great reputation and a proven track record of success. Everyone you will work there is passionate about the work that they do.
As our new CNC Operator, you will strive to hit 100% first time throughput on setup’s. You are not afraid to ask questions and will seek out answers when unsure leveraging the knowledge of those around you. You will have a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency. You have a great work ethic and like to see a job well done.
Your tasks will include:
- Reporting to the Production Supervisor and responsible for the operation of CNC machines in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Operating one or more machines concurrently in assigned area under limited supervision
- Perform basic machine adjustments, set tools per Tooling Set Sheet;
- Read and interpret technical drawings to very machined parts
- Perform simple preventative maintenance on machines and keep them and work area clean; notify maintenance when abnormalities occur
Working with Ian Martin Group to Find Your Next Career
We’re a big company with a lot of history, but with a personalized approach and a genuine interest in finding you your perfect fit. The client that we are working with offers a highly competitive wage with benefits and RSP matching plan. They offer a great work environment where people have a lot of pride in the work that they do and enjoy the people they work with.
- Educational background in manufacturing or equivalent work experience on CNC machines
- At least 1 year of experience running minimum of 3 axis CNC mills, multi-axis lathes, long lathes, and/or mill/turn machines
- Expertise in reading and interpreting engineering component drawings including strong understanding of metrology and GD&T
- Must have knowledge of G and M codes to understand the functions.
- Ability to work independently to complete assignments promptly while maintaining the high standards required for nuclear industry
- Manufacture precision-machined components working to tight tolerances
- Demonstrated ability to adaptable team player with strong communication and problem-solving skills
Are you ready to apply and feel you fit the criteria above?
Please submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” to this posting. Or you can give us a call at 1 (800) 567 9675 x 2283 or call/text us at (905) 330 9861. If you text, please include your name and position you’re interested in.