Our client, one of Canada’s leading integrated oil companies has an immediate need for a Cold Maintenance Central Planner to join their team for a one-year contract position in Lloydminster, Saskatchewan.
This role requires a highly professional and personable individual who demonstrates strong business judgment, clear and concise communication, organizational skills, and who enjoys working in a busy environment with significant growth opportunities. This individual must interact with all stakeholders and foster a One Team, One Goal concept. Safety, reliability and efficiencies are predominant areas of focus.
Reporting to the Primary Planning Lead, the Planner partners with Operations staff, Maintenance Foremen, Discipline leads, and Field Schedulers to review, prioritize and plan maintenance activities in a designated area.
7:30 am – 4 pm, Mon-Fri. On call rotation every 6-8 weeks for 1 week.
- Work with Senior Trades, Maintenance Foremen and Operations to develop planned work.
- Manage PM plans, and develop new and refine existing plans where applicable.
- Partner with Operations in turnaround planning. Develop task lists for repetitive routine tasks and turn around activities.
- Participate In weekly maintenance review meetings with Operations, Maintenance Foremen and Schedulers to:
- discuss ongoing activities
- prioritize activities
- review upcoming planned work for the next two weeks
- identify maintenance requirements which may have been overlooked
- Participate in monthly cost review and annual budget development meetings with Maintenance Foremen, Senior Trades, Non – Thermal Planners and Operations
- Develop BOMs
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
Must Have Skills:
- Minimum of 4 years related maintenance experience in the oil and gas, petrochemical, pulp and paper or power generation industries
- Working knowledge and experience with reliability and operational integrity
- Strong computer skills with MS Office suite
- Good working knowledge and experience with a Computer Centralized Maintenance System (CCMS), e.g. SAP PM, Maximo
- Good working knowledge and experience with a Centralized Maintenance Scheduling System, e.g. GWOS, Primavera
- Knowledge and experience with safe work practices in oil and gas production accompanied by a superior safety attitude
- Familiarity of applicable regulatory codes
- Working knowledge of EWR & MOC processes
- Strong understanding of operational integrity, reliability and safety processes and procedures.
- Understanding of procurement and materials management practices
Nice to Have Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, Technical Diploma, or Trades Certificate from an accredited institution
- Journeyman trade certificate
- Professional Engineering degree
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- Minimum of five years experience with maintenance philosophies, standards, strategies, practices, and processes within the energy industry
- Minimum of five years of working knowledge of applicable energy industry Codes, Standards, Regulations, and Acts; design and construction practices; pressure and rotating equipment; electrical; instrumentation and controls; and operating process principles
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.