The position of VBME Commissioning Technical Support – Completion coordinates the Completion
activities as it pertains to the field execution of project tasks. The position will be a direct report to the
VBME Completions System Lead.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Day to day duties and deliverables as follows:
Responsible for implementation on a day to day basis of a strong health and safety culture in line
with Safety and Health and Environment management system.
· Participate in construction meetings.
· Champion the completion system and process.
· Provide guidance on the use of the electronic completion system.
· Calling and organizing Final Walk-Down.
· Maintain construction & commissioning punch lists;
· Facilitate partial turnover process between construction and pre-commissioning / commissioning.
· Overall coordination & agreement between construction and commissioning for sub-system turnover.
· Driving final subsystem completion for construction.
· Communicate and work collaboratively with various project disciplines and the operating group.
Essential Skills / Qualifications & Assets:
5+ years on industrial projects with a minimum of 2 years as a Completions Engineer/Lead
· Strong understanding of construction and commissioning activities as it pertains to project completion and turnover.
· Previous field level experience on completions / turnover process on large projects.
· Previous experience with Commissioning’s completions / turnover group is seen as an asset.
· Previous experience with electronic completion systems.
· Comfortable working in a team-based environment while possessing the ability to manage and prioritize day to day duties and deliverables.
· Demonstrate proficiency in the use Windows & Outlook.
· Strong Organization Skills
· Strong Communication Skills, both Written & Oral
Work Site and Schedule
- Position is based in Voisey’s Bay, the shift schedule is 2 weeks in 2weeks out, working 12hr days, for the 14days on site. The rotation / shift / schedule may change to meet the needs of the project execution effort. You may be expected to work from the St. John’s office from time to time.
- The place of work will be Voisey’s Bay Site in Labradour, as a fly in / fly out operation, all employees will be flown to/from designated pick up / drop off points in Newfoundland and Labrador on a chartered service to site at no cost.
On behalf of our client, Ian Martin recognizes the Impact & Benefits Agreements with the Innu Nation & the Nunatsiavut Government in which Innu & Innuit workers have first preference for employment at the Voisey’s Bay Site.