The position of Commissioning Technician is part of the commissioning group responsible for supporting
commissioning tasks. The position will be a direct report to the Commissioning Lead.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Day to day duties and deliverables as follows:
· Responsible for implementation on a day to day basis of a strong health and safety culture in line with Safety and Health and Environment management system.
· Review and provide input and support to the overall commissioning effort
· Provide leadership on the project in the execution of the construction completion process ensuring that systems are mechanically completed, turned over and fully commissioned, ready to operate as per requirements of the Systems Completions Specifications.
· Responsible for providing direction and support to the Commissioning support trades contractor and operators (when applicable) so they can execute day to day Commissioning activities.
· Work with Mechanical Completions and Turnover groups to ensure transfer of subsystems from contractors to the owner.
· Verify that the construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start up requirements C1, C2,C3 documentation completion as per the projects scope.
· Plan and direct the daily Commissioning tasks and ensure their safe completion by monitoring and supporting trades and operator activities.
· Responsible to ensure the commissioning set-up, pre-testing, testing and process commissioning is efficiently executed to satisfy of commissioning objectives.
· Participate in daily work scope and safety meetings, update planners on work completion or delays for schedule.
· Perform subsystem walk-downs focusing on identifying deficiencies and turnover readiness.
· Responsible for ensuring punch items are categorized, completed and signed off.
· Review turn over documents.
· Review commissioning procedures and provided input as required.
· Execute commissioning tasks, coordinated work in the field and ensure it is carried out in accordance with written procedures with emphasis on Permit to Work and Lock Out/Tag Out guidelines.
· Field Level Testing/Validating/Adjusting equipment (Mechanical & Instrumentation);
· Trouble shoot and investigation of running equipment being operated by the Commissioning group.
· Completion of check sheets and related paperwork that facilitates turnover of a sub-system to the operating group.
· Provided support with start-up activities.
· Review project documentation to ensure the Commissioning scope is aligned with the
construction delivery scope.
· Review RFI and MoC logs to verify field changes made by construction are accurate and approved.
· Communicate and work collaboratively with various project disciplines – including other commissioning groups, Commissioning support groups, project engineering, QA and construction disciplines.
Essential Skills / Qualifications & Assets:
The successful candidate must have one or more of the following:
o 8+ years of Commissioning / Start-up experience on large capital projects and industrial plant sites.
o 10+ years skilled trades professional with of extensive work experience on large industrial sites and
o 7+ years Combination of education, training and field experience such as Power Engineering Certificate or Experience as a Control Room Operator for an industrial process.
o 7+ years Supervision experience on large capital projects (Superintendent or equivalent)
with demonstrated skills in planning, coordinating, and overseeing jobs in a prompt & cost effective manner
· Demonstrate proficiency in the understanding of isometrics and PID drawings.
· Previous field level experience in an operating plant.
· Previous field level leadership for field execution and testing experience on large projects.
· Previous experience on led Commissioning efforts is seen as an asset.
· Demonstrate proficiency in the use MS Excel & Outlook.
· Strong Organization Skills
· Strong Communication Skills, both Written & Oral
· Comfortable working in a team-based environment while possessing the ability to manage and prioritize day to day duties and deliverables.
Work Site and Schedule
- Position is based in Voisey’s Bay, the shift schedule is 2 weeks in 2weeks out, working 12hr days, for the 14days on site. The rotation / shift / schedule may change to meet the needs of the project execution effort. You may be expected to work from the St. John’s office from time to time.
- The place of work will be Voisey’s Bay Site in Labradour, as a fly in / fly out operation, all employees will be flown to/from designated pick up / drop off points in Newfoundland and Labrador on a chartered service to site at no cost.
On behalf of our client, Ian Martin recognizes the Impact & Benefits Agreements with the Innu Nation & the Nunatsiavut Government in which Innu & Innuit workers have first preference for employment at the Voisey’s Bay Site.