Our downtown Calgary energy client has an immediate for a Commodity Analyst to join their team for a one (1) year contract opportunity.
REASON FOR OPENING/PROJECT:
- To backfill for contractor that has transitioned into another role
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
As a member of the Trading, Supply and Logistic (TSL) Finance team, this individual will provide support to the TSL business unit managing commodities including crude oil, natural gas (NG) and NGL. This position will work closely with the front office, back office and our external counterparties. The responsibilities focus on volumetric recognition and reconciliation, settlement arrangement, payable and receivable management, and process documentation
- Volumetric recognition and reconciliation for terminal deliveries and pipeline movement (shipper balance).
- Manage counterparty settlement, invoice payment, and receivable balances.
- Document business processes.
- Respond to ad hoc requests and participate in projects as required
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excel and other computer skills with the ability to work within multiple systems and applications.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Working knowledge of SAP Financial module including FBL1 / FBL5.
- Exceptional attention to details and experience in business / analysis.
- Strong communication and analytical skills in identifying root cause of an issue.
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent work experience
- Proven ability to work in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines to achieve goals
- Ability to identify and resolve problems with minimal supervision
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.