Do you want to work for the largest electrical and natural gas utility companies in Michigan? Assisting them in serving 6.7 million of the state’s 10 million residents? They are currently looking for a Communications Specialist to support their facility in Jackson, Michigan. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Position: Communications Specialist
Location: Jackson, Michigan
Duration: 6 Months Contract (possible extension)
- Support efforts of the ProjectWise implementation, the Gas Technical Information Excellence Program (GTIE), and all projects within the GTIE Program by drafting, designing and distributing communications intended to affect change readiness among key stakeholders.
- Provide Executive-level communication materials (PowerPoint, info-Graphics & briefing papers).
- Deliver innovative messages and techniques to move audiences through the Change Management cycle.
- Perform analysis and manage communications plan using a variety of communication tactics/media to effectively deliver timely program key messages to the appropriate audiences.
- Utilize a variety of communication tools as deemed most effective: formal presentations, informal written documents, news articles, digital signage, videos and others.
- Perform quality reviews and edits of communications material.
- Create and maintain content in GTIE SharePoint sites.
- Advise team on communication strategies based on desired outcomes.
- Develop and maintain a consistent style in communications.
- Act as the communications liaison with Strategic Communication and the GTIE team.
- Facilitate competency building
- Act as liaison with Learning & Development department to bridge gaps in their understanding of ProjectWise.
- Support identification of competency and training needs.
- Validate training approach/plan with impacted stakeholders.
- Support Process, Policy, & Culture Development among impacted stakeholders
- Facilitate conversations between stakeholders and project team regarding the need for revised or new processes and policies to support GTIE and ProjectWise changes.
- Identify and address areas of resistance among stakeholders.
- Ability to interact with internal clients to identify, research, and analyze situations to resolve problems.
- Excellent communication and advanced writing & editing skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems; taking new perspectives using existing solutions Executive communication background
- Ability to summarize and synthesize technical data AP Style writing SharePoint Knowledge Website content management experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting and manage assignments with tight deadlines from multiple sources
- Strong presentation skills Self-motivated and ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Knowledge and/or experience in utility practices and procedures.
- Graphic design
Education: 4 year degree in the field of marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, graphic design or equivalent experience.