Our client who is a leader in the North American Energy market has an immediate need for a Data Analyst for a 3-month contract (with a strong possibility of extension) located in Calgary Alberta.
What you will be doing…
- Working with the Database Administrators and Data Architects to support the data needs of the organization.
- Assist project support team in documenting data fix solutions to support production activities.
- Complete end to end testing of data to and from the project and Legacy environments.
- Build test cases and work with the automated testing team to implement.
- Assist in the triage of code and data issues, and other data-related issues.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to trouble-shoot data-related issues.
- Find and research problems for the data owners and review data quality thoroughly, by record and case.
- Assist in the design, and maintenance of the corporate relational databases and data solutions.
- Analyze how data impacts business systems, decision making, and analytics used within the corporate environment.
- Working with the support team to design and extend a data architecture that meets the reference architecture and supports the business needs.
- Assist in the maintenance of the existing conceptual, logical data models related to the IDA projects.
- Provide mapping, and support documentation for the existing data model, and any changes to the data models.
- Participate in meetings, reviews, and other discussions as required.
- Work directly with Legacy developers to resolve data issues.
- Complete all assigned technical documentation, such as, but not limited to:
- Data dictionary
- Data flows
- Data mapping
- Data sources
- ETL Scheduling
- Application-based data movement
- Legacy system data dependencies
- Testing scripts
- Documentation must be completed in a consistent format.
- Act as an intermediary resource between business SMEs (system owners) and technical team.
- Knowledge transfer to all resources.
- Participate in planning for database performance, data retention, and data recovery operations.
- Provide support to project team around database development activities, like explaining the data model, populating reference data, etc.
- As the Data Analyst, you will assist in the documentation of data sources in the logical model and data dictionary.
What you will need to succeed…
- Very familiar with using SQL and T-SQL in a Microsoft SQL Server production environment.
- Excellent understanding of data analysis, data migration, data modeling, and data architecture.
- Experience with Data Architecture, Data Modelling and database scripting to build and extend databases required by transactional systems.
- Experience with industry standard data models and data warehouse methodologies and design.
- Experience and understanding of the Well Lifecycle.
- Familiar with the Agile development methodology.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Working on a support team and understanding the role(s) of each person on the support team.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a support team.
- Proficient problem solving and analytical skills.
- Timely resolution of technical issues
Nice to Haves
- Experience with databases involving technologies such as DCM (BPM), UI, Tibco, Informatica, Tableau, GIS, .Net, etc.
- Experience with other development languages (e.g. Python, R, Java, etc.).
- Previous experience on IT projects with a business or regulatory focus.
Experience with Agile
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
- Setting Sprint goals and managing self-capacity to meet deliverables.
- Working with Sprint iterations and helping with backlog grooming.
- Participating in sprint review or retrospective meetings.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.