Our Public Sector client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a “Administrative Assistant” for 6-9 months of contract role.
As a “Administrative Assistant”” is responsible to provide high level administrative and secretarial support to the Chief Strategy Officer and other senior management within the Division, as well as to maintain a variety of office systems.
Our public client is looking for an Administrative Assistant for a 6-9-month contract in Toronto, ON. The Strategy and Policy Division is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide high level administrative and secretarial support to the Chief Strategy Officer and other senior management within the Division, as well as to maintain a variety of office systems.
- You will compose and draft correspondence
- Assist in the preparation of reports.
- Submissions, briefing materials, and other documents.
- Maintain online attendance records; conduct research and gather background information on issues; arrange meetings
- Respond to telephone/in person inquiries.
- Develop, implement and maintain efficient office systems.
- Arrange travel and book accommodation and handle other general office administrative duties.
- Using your advanced knowledge in computer applications i.e., MS Words, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, you will prepare monthly charts, statistical reports and presentation materials.
- You will also be required to attend meetings and record minutes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous administrative experience in a responsible role
- Demonstrated initiative, good judgement, discretion and tact in dealing effectively with all levels of employees
- Excellent organizational skills, proven ability to set priorities and ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to details, accuracy and ability to maintain confidentiality
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”