Our client who is a leader in the North American Energy market with a focus on innovation, commitment, and responsible energy production and environmental stewardship is looking for a Senior Industrial Control Systems Engineer to be part of a group that supports Industrial Control Systems (ICS), SCADA and Operational Technology (OT).
How you will bring value…
In this role, you will be involved with developing and maintaining an OT cyber security program, reviewing and developing system architecture designs to support control and SCADA system communications, and providing ICS engineering technical support to Operations, Maintenance and Construction groups.
What you will be doing…
- Prepare technical solutions to resolve highly complex and diverse ICS tasks across the Capital Power fleet.
- Maintain and optimize PI historian data, including system administration, graphic development, AF framework development and performance equation analytics.
- Provide SCADA operations and maintenance support for Renewables and Control Center Operations.
- Designs complex security and communication aspects of ICS upgrades and projects to maximize availability and mitigate risk of cyber threats.
- Contributes to the development and ongoing maintenance of the compliance program for NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection.
- Provides input into the Industrial Controls business plan.
- Provides technical direction to contract and maintenance staff to facilitate the completion of ICS related tasks.
- Reviews, applies, and develops internal standards.
- Takes ownership and accountability for work tasks and deliverables.
- Participates in the peer review process to ensure the responsible practice of engineering at Capital Power, in compliance with the Professional Practice Management Plan (PPMP).
- Helps to ensure Management of Change (MOC) compliance and review for ICS related work across the fleet.
- Works collaboratively and builds strong relationships with others.
- Provides leadership, mentoring and guidance to junior staff including students and EITs.
- Acts to continually improve technical and management skillset through formal and informal training opportunities.
- Ability to analyze complex technical problems and recommend timely decisions.
What you will need to succeed…
- Engineering Degree in Computer, Process Control or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- Professional Engineering or Professional Licensee status in Canada.
- Other educational backgrounds will be considered depending on experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in practicing engineering including a minimum of 2 years of networking and cyber security experience with industrial control systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Operational Technology, SCADA and ICS Cyber Security best practices.
- OSI PI historian, SQL and data analytics.
- Understanding of industrial communication protocols such as MODBUS, ICCP, DNP3, OPC.
- Experience with control systems (PLC, DCS, SCADA, RTU) troubleshooting, upgrades, lifecycle management and interfacing with different vendors.
- Familiarity with NIST, NERC CIP and other standards related to cyber security and ICS design.
- Solid understanding of codes and standards related to controls and industrial networks design.
- Experience with Virtual Machines and server configuration.
- Experience with Windows server and client OS administration, patching and AntiVirus software.
- Experience or familiarity with CMMS such as Maximo.
- Must be able to work alone or as a part of a team.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.