Our Public Sector client is looking for a results-oriented individual to manage internal deliverables as it pertains to the implementation and integration of an enterprise software solution into an ERP. While working with a diverse team, you will be responsible for accomplishing the project objectives and maintain the progress, mutual interaction and tasks of various parties in such a way that reduces the risk of overall failure, maximizes benefits, and minimizes costs.
– Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
– The PM will develop a detailed project plan to track progress work with the assigned project team to meet the timeline targets, within the defined budget, while maintaining the required quality of all phases of the project development lifecycle.
– The PM will work within the accepted project management framework and practices prescribed by the Project Management Institute in the discharge of his/her responsibilities for the planning, design, execution, monitoring and controlling, and completion of the components of the solution.
– The PM will communicate on an ongoing basis with the project sponsor and the project steering committee to ensure their awareness of project timeline and budget status, major issues and risks, and mitigation strategies.
– The PM will solicit advice, assistance and resources from the vendor partner whenever necessary to ensure that issues are identified and addressed, and that risks are recognized and mitigated.
– The PM will ensure resource availability and allocation
– Strong leadership skills, necessary to lead the project team and other stakeholders through the challenges that will arise during the project life cycle
– Strong organizational, change management and project management skills, necessary to manage the planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, and completion of all internal components of implementing the Scheduling & Registration solution in a dynamic environment with competing priorities
– Business analysis skills, necessary to identify shortcomings and assist in the optimization of new and modified business processes and system functionality, necessary to provide impact analysis and recommendations for implementation strategies as appropriate, and necessary to resolve operational problems that may result from the transition to the new Scheduling & Registration system elements.
– Strong written communication skills, necessary to prepare or edit requirements specifications, definitions of scope, statements of work, project plans, functional and technical documentation, and other documentation as required, for the elements of the Scheduling & Registration solution planned for use within Centennial College.
– Strong verbal communication skills, necessary to translate and communicate issues between functional, technical groups, their vendor partner and all levels of management.
– Strong teaching skills, necessary to transfer knowledge to the College staff and management, including the knowledge and information necessary for the successful transition of each component of the ARP solution to stable operations.
– Ability to learn effectively, necessary to absorb and retain knowledge of those areas of business or technology which the PM does not have initial knowledge of experience.
The PM will ideally have the following professional experience:
– Project management experience that will provide adequate evidence of his/her mastery of the capabilities and expertise described above.
– Project management or consulting experience in the Canadian broader public sector.
– Project management or consulting experience in the Higher Education sector.
– Project management or functional consulting experience in support of ERP systems (Banner (preferred), SAP, Oracle or other) and COTS solutions
– PMP or PRINCE2 accreditation
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.