Our public client has an immediate need for an Intermediate MS Access Programmer/Developer for a 2 month contract in Toronto, ON. This short-term assignment will assist with the design, build and implementation of an MS Access database and the processes required by our client to manage the application and produce reports on a day to day basis.
Programmer/Developer will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and maintain a plan to address contract deliverables, through the identification of significant milestones and expected results; with weekly status reporting.
- Review/analysis of current code and MS Access applications' structure.
- Develop conceptual data model for the current applications to remove bad code and replace with a functioning code until a re-write for the application is establish.
- Review poor performance of the applications and investigate possible improvements.
- Participate in defect fixing, testing support, and development activities.
- Bug fixes and enhancement to the Access Applications. Track defects and fixes and report status to stakeholders.
- Performance testing and present results for validation and analysis.
- Ensure tables and new codes in the MS Access applications are re-configured correctly. Promote OPS I&IT standards and best practices to facilitate control of system quality and implementation.
- Complete documentation and Knowledge Transfer delivery to FTEs. Development of documentation and materials as part of a review and knowledge transfer to other Cluster staff.
- Design, development and implementation of an MS Access Database
- Provide input into the process design and improvement required to the current business model
- Assist the assessment activities related to applications using MS Access database to store data.
- Data segregation and reporting of the most critical issues related to departmental MS Access, Word and Excel applications
- Testing application compatibility in Windows 10 operating system environment
- Conduct preliminary functional testing with end-user before deployment
- Support resolution of issues with regards to the application operating system compatibility, and other technical coordination during testing
- Performs all duties in accordance with IT Solutions standards and procedures
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with software development tools including MS Access 2016/2019, Office 2016/2019, Windows 2010, Excel, VBA, Macros
Development and Database Skills
- 5+ year of experience working on MS Access Database
- 5+ year of experience importing data into Access Database, know how to import data into Access database
- Extensive experience in tables and creating different relationship between different database, build a relationship between the different databases in Access. Know how to join tables, update data, delete data, sort, calculate, filter, etc
- 5+ year of experience building Queries and can join tables, update data, delete data, sort, calculate, filter.
- Extensive experience can export data in Excel format Extensive experience creating a table using MAOL (Microsoft Access Object Library)
- Extensive knowledge on creating a form in Microsoft Access 2013
Accessibility Standards for Development
- Proven knowledge of accessibility standards
- Experience in development of web applications based on accessibility best practices
- Demonstrated experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Working experience with project management methodologies would be an asset
- Working experience with AODA would be an asset
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and a team player
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with developers, testers and business clients
– University or college graduate in computer science or related discipline with minimum – 5+ years application development experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
– At least 2 years experience providing advice, mentoring and expertise to team members
– Experience in gathering user requirements, understanding business processes and creating solutions based upon requirements
– In-depth knowledge of integrating complex applications on the desktop and across wide and local area
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.