| || |
- Brampton, Ontario
- $30-35/ start depending on experience
- Permanent, Full-Time Position
- Day Shift – 6:00 am-2:30 pm -Monday to Friday
- Company Paid Benefits, Profit sharing after 1 year of employment.
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a a growing custom steel facility that specializes in Carbon, Stainless and Aluminum to support a wide variety of clients and Industries. They are looking for an experienced Maintenance Mechanic to join their team in a permanent, long-term position. This would be a great position for someone that is mechanically inclined and has worked with pneumatic and hydraulic equipment. You are able to think quickly on your feet and troubleshoot equipment in order to reduce downtime.
What you’ll be doing…
- Troubleshooting, fixing mechanical problems, set up of equipment in an efficient manner.
- Maintain a variety of mechanical equipment both corrective and preventative maintenance.
- Perform equipment / system improvements, complete all maintenance record keeping and ensure all related information is available.
- A minimum of 3 years working experience with mechanical, electrical; including set-up, adjustments and troubleshooting
- Excellent work safety record on the technical side
- Complete all other duties as instructed and assigned by Supervisor and Manager.
- Familiarity to operate and have knowledge of arc and MIG welding.
- Familiarity with general Building Maintenance Tasks.
- Perform work at heights.
- Tools and Equipment used – Hand Tool, Power Tool, Measuring Devices, Scissor Lift, Ladders
- Attend equipment breakdowns and execute repairs in a timely manner.
- Understand, support and comply with all company policies, including: Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality.
Why is this this the right job for you?
- Because you are reliable and can keep exceptional attendance record, ability to pay attention to small details.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Ability to read mechanical drawings, electrical schematics and equipment manuals
- You have a high school diploma with extensive experience OR a preferred Certified Maintenance Millwright with 5 years of experience
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at Sarah.firstname.lastname@example.org Or you can text Sarah at 647-838-2522
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.