Underground (Beat) Mechanic
- Val Caron, Ontario
- Starting at $40 per Hour
- Rotating Schedule (5/4/4/5), 10 to 12-hour Shifts
- Temporary to Permanent Position
- Mechanical License with HDEM Experience
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a leading provider of Mining services and solutions including full mine development and operation. They apply their experience along with leading technology while always putting safe practices over all else.
This is an ideal position for someone that is looking for a long-term position in Sudbury, Ontario as this will start on contract and then transfer to a permanent position once the probationary period has been completed. Can work a Rotating Schedule – 5 Days On, 4 Days Off, 4 Days On, 5 Days Off; switching Days to Nights. You can demonstrate a well-balanced skill set and are a team player. You like to actively participate in conversations around Safety and work together to find the best solutions. You are one to remain calm under pressure and focus on the job at hand.
Beat mechanic – go the machine and fix on site, get it up and running and sent to the shop, troubleshooting.
As our new Beat Mechanic, you will be…
- Working on a variety of Heavy Duty Equipment used in Underground Mining.
- Going to the machine on site and repair in the field.
- Getting equipment up and running and send to the shop.
- Equipment tear down and rebuild.
Why this is for you…
- 421A Journeyman Heavy Duty Technician Certification
- Licensed Mechanic (310T or 310S) with Mining Experience
- Proven experience working on Off Road and Mining Equipment
- Can commit to following safety protocols as required by the site
- A professional and team-oriented attitude that is responsible and dependable
- Confident in passing pre-employment screening including Criminal Record Check, Drug & Alcohol, and Medical Testing.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.