Our client in North Bay, ON is looking to hire an Advisor of Planning and Dispatch for a 12-month contract.
The Advisor of Planning and Dispatch is responsible for the identification, development, and delivery of training for all front line staff in conjunction with the additional duties listed below:
- Identify, develop and deliver training for all front line staff which may include system and process training, emergency call handling, meter accreditation, annual safety training, etc.
- Work jointly with the Planning Supervisor to develop recommendations on employee performance, discipline, and hiring decisions.
- Monitor work to ensure compliance to company processes.
- Manage departmental staffing requirements to ensure operational needs are met.
- Participate on various projects typically relating to internal process/productivity improvements.
- Act as the Planning Supervisor and assume all responsibilities and accountabilities of the Planning Supervisor during absences such as vacation, training, illnesses as assigned.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent field operations work experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, preferably working in field operations.
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence and lead frontline staff
- Able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal stakeholders.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Crisis management and related decision making skills required.
- Must be able to adapt training practices based on a variety of different learning styles.
Nice to Haves:
- University degree would be an asset
- Labour Relations exposure would be an asset.
- Experience in a supervision/management capacity is preferred.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”