Our client, one of North America’s premier energy companies has an immediate need for an Integrity Data Technician to join their Calgary based team for a 12 month contract opportunity.
The Integrity Data Technician provides technical support to the Facility Integrity Management Program with day-to-day pressure equipment integrity data entry and maintenance in the pressure equipment integrity database (Visions).
The responsibilities of this position will include but not limited to:
- Input pressure vessel, boiler, pressure safety valve (PSV), piping, and atmospheric storage tank integrity static data onto templates to be uploaded into Visions.
- Upload relevant equipment drawings and manufacturer data report (MDR) from Electronic Document Management (EDM) system into Visions and link them to the respective equipment;
- Digitize relevant historical paper copies of documents and records into electronic formats ready for data upload into Visions when required;
- Upload reviewed inspection and NDE reports into Visions and link them to the respective equipment;
- Input non-destruction examination (NDE) data, including condition monitoring location (CML) readings from reviewed NDE reports;
- Perform quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) on pressure equipment integrity data from inspection reports and data validation reports to ensure accuracy and consistency before data entry;
- Ensure consistencies of common data between the pressure equipment integrity database (Visions) and the work management platform (SAP);
- Compile reports on compliance and key performance indicators (KPI) when required;
- Maintain constant communications with Asset Data Management (ADM) to provide up-to-date technical guidance on Visions and SAP data management to the Facility Integrity Team;
- Support integrity data management enhancement projects by ADM with user inputs and feedbacks.
This position will also require the individual to:
- Review and process large amount of data day-to-day while maintaining attention to details;
- A demonstrated ability to follow technical directions communicated both verbally or in writing; proactively seek information from appropriate subject matter experts when further information or clarifications when required
- Ensure data being entered into the integrity database are accurate and complete with all due diligence; thoroughly understand the importance of data accuracy and completeness to the effective implementation of an integrity management program.
- High school diploma
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of following a safety culture
- Minimum 6 months of pressure equipment integrity data entry experience
- Post-secondary education diploma or University degree
- 2 or more years of pressure equipment integrity data management experience
- Proficient with Visions integrity database or other pressure equipment databases
- Skilled with commonly used computer software such as MS Excel, MS Word, Adobe Acrobat, and SharePoint
- General awareness of relevant industry standards and regulations such as CSA B51, API 510, API 570, API 653, Alberta Pressure Equipment Safety Regulation, and BC Power Engineers, Boiler, Pressure Vessel and Refrigeration Safety Regulation
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.