Our client is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst for their office in Downtown Edmonton.
- Working with technical subject matter experts across multiple departments, this position provides support and technical leadership leveraging large and varied datasets to complete analytics to support decision-making
- Champion best practices on the utilization of data to drive improvements in effectiveness and efficiency of the Pipeline Integrity Departments programs.
- Take initiative to identify opportunities to reduce manual work and human error through automation
- Build strong partnerships with department stakeholders and technology delivery teams (TIS)
- Support the collection, alignment and validation of In-line Inspection with field results.
- Perform analysis of alignment results to generate and communicate Tool Performance Metrics
- Continuous improvement of alignment processes and tools
- Maintain and improve visualization of performance measure data using Power BI and similar tools
- Collect and prepare data for analytics projects, providing data quality assurance support
- Take initiative to identify continuous improvement opportunities via system and process automation
- Support team mandate to develop automation systems for the Pipeline Integrity business unit through strategic partnerships with department stakeholders and technology delivery teams (TIS).
- Supporting an environment in which continuous improvement of the enterprise’s project development systems, tools, processes and standards takes place.
- Works independently or as part of a team to complete data preparation, quality assurance, and analytics supporting data-driven decision making and optimization in pipeline integrity programs
- Demonstrate exceptional expertise and attention to detail as the information being managed is utilized in making critical pipeline safety decisions
- Provides specialized technical automation and data management knowhow, leadership, consistent direction, focus and support to Pipeline Integrity
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Degree or diploma in related field
- Basic understanding of statistical and analytics principles
- Intermediate scripting skills with preferred language
- Demonstrated ability to apply expertise to execute data preparation tasks efficiently (e.g. consolidating, standardizing, reformatting, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate technical approaches to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to travel within Canada and the US
- Experience with R, Python, Excel VBA, Power Query, SQL and/or Power BI
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data to support decision making and/or optimization
- Experience related to data mining, visualization of large data sets
- Pipeline integrity experience is preferred, but not required
- Ability to link technical analysis with business implications
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.