We are looking for a senior level Project Manager to oversee a number of our client’s capital projects, ranging from $2MM- $30MM/year. The projects are related to the oil and gas industry, in particular pipeline integrity and compressor stations. The Project Manager will manage overall projects to meet cost, schedule, scope, safety, quality and risk objectives.
- Leading the project team and remain accountable for overall project results.
- Communicate with project sponsor including requests for additional funding and/or In Service Date change.
- Coordinate input to project reporting and fiscal forecasting.
- Accountable for following stage gate process and project control plan to ensure deliverables are completed.
- Lead project team meetings and communication.
- Responsible to coordinate and communicate critical project milestones (i.e. ready to start construction, introduce product, notice of in service) and ensure assets are ready to operate (readiness reviews).
- Identify project risks, exposures and opportunities that may impact the success of the subject projects. Develop and maintain the Project Risk Tracker for each assigned project.
- Facilitate forums/ communication channels and the issuance of reports that reflect the status and health of the assigned projects to the appropriate Management groups.
- Serve as the focal point for project and service activities performed by the Core Project Department and non-technical support groups for both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for the development, negotiation, and approval of agreements (includes construction and ownership agreements, line relocation agreements, and reimbursement agreements,).
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 7+ years of diversified project experience in the energy industry
- Professional Engineering registration and/or Project Management Professional certification will be considered a strong asset
- Experience with gas transmission operations.
- Basic understanding of pipeline commercial operations and of energy markets
- Strong English communication skills – Written & verbal
- Knowledge of FERC Regulated Projects
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.