We are looking for a Senior Level Cost Engineer on behalf of one of the largest natural gas distributors in North America. They will manage total cost control, estimating, forecasting, monitoring and budgeting throughout a project lifecycle.
- Plan, track, measure, forecast and report project cost during project execution and/or development.
- Monthly review of cost/cash flow forecasts with the project team to generate regular reporting requirements.
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant guidance, governance and support to projects on approved cost controls standards to manage Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) components including External Engineering services, Procurement of Material/Equipment, Construction services, internal cost, Allowance for Funds Used During Construction, Contingency, Escalation, etc.
- Maintain cost and schedule planning, tracking and reporting tools.
- Generate all monthly, bi-monthly, and quarterly reports, including reporting for monthly review meetings with Senior Management.
- Possess a solid understanding and application of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles and methodology in order to identify, analyze and report cost risks in a timely fashion.
- Assist project cost controls teams with timely and accurate data gathering and delivery issues.
- Participate and resolve any issues in execution of joint Cost, Schedule and Risk Health Checks to verify effective planning and implementation of cost processes.
- Occasional travel may be required
- 10+ years of experience in performing cost and schedule management and other project controls functions over engineering, procurement, construction components on large capital projects,
- Experience in Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Industrial and/or Power industries.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent.
- Proficient in SAP, EcoSys, Excel, PowerPoint and Word with proven technical writing abilities.
- Completion of a Certified Cost Engineer (AACE's CCC/ CCE) or Project Management Professional credential (PMP) is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in developing, enhancing and implementing cost and schedule standards.
- Experience in using and enhancing cost controls tools and associated systems.
- Effective analytical skills with the ability to understand detailed workflows for Engineering, Procurement, and Construction.
- Strong project management skills.
- Must be able to work with a team dispersed over multiple locations.