- Windsor, Ontario
- Permanent, Rotating Shifts
- $30 to $35 per hour
- Stable Work Environment and On-going Training
Ian Martin Workforce is working with the leading Automotive Parts Manufacturer that runs a heavily Automated facility with opportunities to work with Robotics and further develop your skills.
As their new Journeyman Electrician, you will enjoy working in a diverse position along side other trades that will give you every opportunity to lean more about Robotics, Automation, and Mechanics. You are experienced with CNC machines and thrive in a fast-paced environment, and always enjoy improve upon your skills and learning more.
You will be…
- Supporting and maintaining departments Lean and 5S requirements
- Oversee required inspections of electrical systems to ensure compliance with Ontario Electrical Standards Act.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components as needed.
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Update and log electrical changes.
- Maintain needed spares and purchase material in the most cost-effective manner.
- Complete interface to CNC equipment.
- Coordinate with all plant services and contractors as required.
- Train and direct electrical employees and ensure they perform to required standards.
Why this is the right job for you…
- Licensed 442A or 309A Journeyman Electrician with working knowledge of CNC Equipment
- Experience with Robotics and Automations is preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a fasted-paced machining environment
- Strong working knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Robotic programming and troubleshooting experience preferably ABB
- PLC program troubleshooting including Allen Bradley and Indramat
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics and electrical code specifications
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills required.
- Strong communication skills and commitment to safety
- Ability to handle changing priorities and track multiple concurrent projects
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or text (647) 838 2522.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.