Our Govt client based in British Columbia is seeking the services of an experienced User Interface (UI)/User Experience (UX) Designer to join its Agile development team.
This individual will be required to mentor less experienced members of the team to grow their capabilities, while working within the Scrum Framework, and collaborating with other Agile teams and key business stakeholders. He or she should have demonstrated experience of mentorship and being part of an Agile team.
This position is a 12-month contract based in the Victoria, British Columbia.
What you will need to succeed…
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Senior Level Visual Designer and Design Director for print, web, and digital application properties. Must provide a PDF or URL to your design portfolio with a minimum of 8 examples of past professional work .
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or equivalent is required, design agency experience is an asset.
- Experience mentoring, providing concise design direction and leading diverse teams including UX designers, production designers and developers.
- Experience preparing and presenting work to management level stakeholders while meeting all strategic design objectives.
- Expertise in the use of current design tools and software including Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, and illustrator.
- Experience designing interactive projects to meet AA web accessibility standards.
- Experience leading design efforts in a public-sector context and Government of British Columbia websites and web applications in particular.
- Experience working creatively within the constraints of a mandatory corporate design system.
- Experience working as a part of an Agile team to incrementally deliver value for the users of a product or digital service.
- Experience and education in information and user experience design best practices
- Expertise in typography, visual design layouts, prototyping, icon design required
- Experience with providing design direction for illustration, animation, photography, and video an asset.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you are a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.