Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for an Inventory Analyst to manage inventory across multiple Canadian Asphalt Terminals including processing inventory transactions, creating reconciliations and analyzing variances and trends in inventory. The individual in this role will work with field sites to resolve volumetric variances and post adjustments as required. Some travel will be required to accommodate annual field site visits. This is a 12-month contract located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
What you will be doing…
- Inventory management including recording inventory transactions, maintaining book values for inventory, and reconciling book volumes to physical volumes.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve data discrepancies with minimal supervision.
- Provide reporting for inventory as required.
- Inventory pricing/volume reconciliation.
- Accounts payable for inventory purchases including communication with raw material, brokerage, and freight vendors to ensure timely payment of invoices.
- Communicate and attend meetings with various personnel from Manufacturing, Marketing, and other internal/external parties.
- Communicate daily with field site managers.
- Prepare journal entries, adjustments, and reconciliations as required.
- Various ad-hoc transactions and reporting as required.
- Provide support and backfill for senior and intermediate staff in the area of general accounting, forecasting, or budgets and planning.
- Review current documentation and providing updates.
What you will need to succeed…
- Accounting degree or diploma.
- 2-4 years financial and/or accounting experience.
- Proficiency in the development of MS Excel spreadsheets; a good working knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills in order to identify key issues and appropriate course of action to rectify deficiencies.
- Excellent business writing and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines to achieve goals.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently.
- Exceptional skills in multi-tasking in a changing environment, often under pressure and within rigid time constraints.
- Exceptional attention to detail and critical thinking.
Nice to Haves
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in volumetric reporting.
- Knowledge of SAP.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.