Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for an experienced Emergency Management and Business Continuity Analyst for a 1-year contract located out of their office in Calgary Alberta.
How you will bring value…
This role is integral to the growth and success of the SOI&E organization and EMBC team. You will elevate the existing EMBC team capacity to provide immediate support with the implementation of the new organizational structure.
What you will be doing…
- Responsible for setting the conditions for the EMBC Team to progress and build both effectiveness and efficiency to become a future top quartile world-class EMBC organization.
- Satisfy EMBC organizational restructure needs.
- Address and improve demands on existing administration, budgetary, documentation and business operations need.
- Provide general support to the emergency management and Business Continuity (EMBC) Team.
- Provide analyst support to EMBC Team to enhance both efficiency and effectiveness during transitional period to new EMBC organization.
- Allow EMBC Team to pursue opportunities that have been deferred.
- Review distribution and management control of Emergency Response Plans (ERP) and Geographic Response Plans (GRP) across corporate and Business Unit regions to ensure accuracy and positive control of both ERP and GRPs.
- Collect and analyze pertinent emergency management data with a view to providing EMBC leadership with timely and relevant information and trends from which to make informed decisions.
- Build and apply Key Performance Indicators (KPI) that demonstrate and illustrate EMBCs progress towards achieving top quartile standings.
- Interpret varied and complex data and perform analyses to show where the client could potentially reduce fiscal stressors while increasing EMBC efficiency and effectiveness.
- Create detailed reports based on data analysis findings.
- Create visual depictions of data, graphs and charts for clear reporting needs.
- Coach the EMBC Team in a manner that effectively uses data to improve operational efficiencies.
- Support the administration of developing policies and plans that shape and Influence the future of EMBC support.
- Demonstrate proficiency in systems, databases, and the use of Technology as a scalable and cost-effective enabler for emergency management.
- Assist with the investigation of vendors (conduct RFIs) for development of ERPs (Vendors lacking requisite level of attention to Quality Assurance and Quality Control).
- Creating and disseminating surveys or obtaining budgetary documentation.
- Assist in the oversight and transition to the new EMBC organization in the preparation and execution of emergency response plans.
- Support Corporate Response Management Team (CRMT) admissions to maintain readiness.
- Assist setting-up training program administration, including training records, lesson plan development and qualification records.
- Assist with development of a training matrix and delivery strategy.
What you will need to succeed…
- Bachelor's degree in Emergency Management, Business Continuity or related field.
- Experience in using business continuity planning applications and emergency notifications systems.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in:
- Incident Command System (ICS)
- Emergency Management
- Emergency Operations Center Operations
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desired, but not required.
- Designations such as Associate Business Continuity Professional, Certified Business Continuity Professional, Certified Emergency Manager, Associate Emergency Manager, ICS 200 or 300, NFPA or similar are an asset.
- Ability to develop and update complex, customized emergency response plans.
- Conduct gap analyses against industry standards and/or regulations
- Previous experience conducting research, analyses and taking appropriate measures to correct problems.
- Previous experience developing and facilitating emergency and business continuity training and operational, functional exercises.
- 5 + years experience in an Emergency Management capacity with an emphasis on business resilience including business continuity, emergency response, and incident management.
- Experience preparing timely reports to accurately reflect the outcome of exercises and learnings to drive continuous improvement for business units.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- Ability to assume Command Staff functions during an incident, as defined by the Incident Command System, in an Incident Command Post.
- Valid Class 5 drivers license.
Nice to Haves
- Willingness to work directly with clients in an environment that changes rapidly; must possess a mature approach to the personal interactions between a consultant and the client.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; superior writing and editing skills in the creation of documents and procedures. Skilled in articulating complex issues at a level easily understood, in both oral and written form.
- Ability to prepare clear, well-written reports, summaries, records, procedures, log entries Ability to develop, recommend and implement new work methods and procedures.
- Change managerial and leadership skills.
- Coaching, mentoring and training skills.
- Conflict Management/Resolution.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Data driven decision making.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.