Plumber / Pipefitter Technician
- Mississauga, Ontario
- $33 to $38 per hour
- Temp-to-Perm (working interview)
- Days, Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Ian Martin Workforce is working with the leading developer of Clean Tech Solutions for Hydrogen Generation, Energy Storage, and Fuel Cell Power Modules for mobility and stationary applications.
As their new Plumber / Pipefitter Technician, you will enjoy working at a Green Energy company and excited to see the developments and advances first hand. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and always enjoy improving your skills and learning more. Your day will mostly consist of assembling and test components pipes, tubes, ducting and components as per assembly instructions in a safe manner.
You will be…
• Build industrial equipment and facilities using plastic, steel, copper hose, pipe and tubing
• Mount of brackets and support structures for piping
• Installation of HVAC systems (ducting, piping, coolants including refrigerants)
• Installation of heavy equipment and rigging
• Operation of forklift
• Layout piping from P&ID or line drawing (3D models may not be available)
• Review required versus available materials and request missing items
• Assemble equipment in production (mount brackets, install components, connect together)
• Leak checks (pressure decay, flow, etc.)
• Applying troubleshooting techniques to determine the root cause of piping concerns
• Checking the quality of own work
Why this is the right job for you…
• Licensed Plumber or Diploma in Mechanical Technician or Technology or Mechanical Trades Program (Journeyman Pipefitter or Steam or Gas Fitter License and/or HVAC certification are ideal)
• Have Valid Working At Heights, Hoisting and Rigging, Aerial Work Platform and Crane Operation training and certification an asset
• 5-10 years of experience with tube bending and pipe fitting; pressurized gases and fluids.
• Understand and follow SOP and manufacturing processes.
• Ability to work independently
• Experience with HVAC and ductwork would be an asset.
• Ability to add basic information to MS Excel / ERP database (serial #s, etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly organized and methodical in order to establish priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to recognize a problem and use sound judgment to solve complex problems.
• Demonstrates professional, positive, service-oriented behaviour.
• Good interpersonal skills working in a fast pace workplace with a sense of urgency
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a cross-functional team and deal with interact with a variety of personalities.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.