Our Public Sector client in Toronto is looking to hire a Radio (SME) Technician for a 10-month contract opportunity.
The client is looking for candidates who can work in a fast-paced environment and has a working knowledge and experience with IT networks in the technology field.
The resources will work with clients in a wide variety of industries that includes emergency first responders across the province of Ontario.
- Oversee the deployment of LMR and other wireless systems as a technical expert.
- On call support for managed and priority clients with rotating schedule for after hours customer support
- Travel for work on in remote locations with limited facilities on a flexible schedule will be expected
Skills, Experience, Qualifications:
- College Degree in Engineering, Electronics, or another related technical field
- Working technical experience on telecommunication systems for public safety
- Experience designing and delivering APCO P25 public safety radio networks beyond carrier grade standards
- Experience with two-way radio programming and installation – Building, programming, reading, modifying, and installing LMR products in both Digital and Analog systems
- Experience analyzing equipment and system failures and making repairs as required
- Experience with digital Trunking Land Mobile Radio technologies
- Excellent understanding of networking requirements applicable to the telecommunications industry
- Ability to grasp new technology, and deal with rapidly changing events
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.