We are looking for a Material Scientist consultant on behalf of one of the largest Healthcare company in Marlborough, MA. Client is currently hiring a Material Scientist to join Upstream Bioprocess R&D team located in Marlborough, MA.
The successful candidate will possess knowledge of the physical and chemical behavior of a wide range of polymeric materials and processing techniques. This role will serve as an expert in polymer and materials sciences in a wide range of responsibilities including, but not limited to, performing and developing material characterization methods, determining structure-property relationships, The successful candidate is expected to have hands-on experience with a wide range of characterization tools and understand how the processing of materials can ultimately impact product performance. This position will work in a cross-functional environment and must be able to convey technical information to personnel from Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality, and Marketing organizations.
- Provides materials characterization support by using techniques such as:
- Mechanical (Instron, etc.), Chromatography, Microscopy, FTIR, DSC, TGA, Contact Angle
- Develop characterization test methods for transfer to Quality Control Contribute to preparation of standard operating procedures for analytical assays and instrumentation operation. Support root cause analysis of a wide variety of material and product failures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Polymer Science, Material Science or related field.
- 2+ years’ work experience in an analytical laboratory or R&D environment.
- A strong theoretical and practical knowledge of polymer characterization and processing techniques.
- Hands-on experience performing routine sample analysis, method qualification, and validation. Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Material Scientist Consultant, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.