Public Safety Specialist
- Toronto, Ontario
- 6 months contract to start
- Monday- Friday day shift.
- 36.25 hours/ week
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a reputable transportation/ construction company that is involved in one of the largest transportation expansions projects in Toronto history. As a new teammate within the safety team, you are responsible for developing, implementing and sustaining programs, policies and practices related to safety compliance and accident prevention for multiple sites and departments, ensuring public safety.
Daily Tasks include:
- Interaction with government agencies on safety compliance matters, and coordination of safety compliance and accident prevention projects with cross-functional departments as well as consultants.
- Eliminate or control hazardous conditions resulting from human error, equipment and machine operations which may lead to human injury and/or property damage.
- Liaison and work closely with various business units including safety communications group; asset management group in relation to railway infrastructure; stations and bus
- Working with safety communication on inquires relating to public safety
- Subject matter expert for enterprise public safety; to consult, advise and provide recommendations on public safety policy
- Participate in accident / incident investigations relating to public safety
- Assists in development of safety training materials and presentations
- Research and advise on innovative public safety solutions
Key Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma or Degree in Public Safety, or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements governing transportation (e.g. Highway Traffic Act, Railway Safety Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act).
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, including excellent public speaking skills
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.