Welder / Fitter
- Mississauga, Ontario
- $27 to $32 per hour
- Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Working Interview, Temp-to-Perm
- GMAW welding of Aluminum experience required
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a well-established company that makes custom products for the Water and Wastewater Industry. They have been experiencing growth lately and looking to bring on additional Welder/Fitters that can help meet their current demands as well as grow into producing more of their custom products.
As their new Welder/Fitter, you will enjoy working in a smaller shop while collaborating with multiple departments in order to complete a project from beginning to end. You like working in a relaxed environment with music playing, where the space is temperature controlled and where you can be apart of a company where everyone knows each other.
You will be…
- Welding Aluminum and Stainless Steel (MIG & TIG)
- Interpret drawings and bill of materials on orders to determine material layouts and dimension requirements
- Follow procedures to produce and efficiently make quality parts
- Accurate fitting, layout and welding required for manufacturing of finished goods
- Daily reporting of material usage and labour for all shop floor work
- Appropriate maintenance and upkeep of job-related equipment
- Ensure company’s and customers safety policies and procedures are always followed
Why this is the right job for you…
- Minimum of 5 years experience with GMAW welding, previous CWB certification an asset
- 3 to 5 years of experience welding Aluminum required
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude; willingness to learn
- Able to work well independently, under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Positive person that is approachable with strong communication skills and excellent team player
- Able to maintain a commitment to safety always
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.