Assistant Shop Manager
- Milton, Ontario (Hwy 401 & James Snow Parkway)
- Permanent, Day Shift,
- $60,000 to $70,000 salary
- Repair and/or Painting experience preferred
- Stable Work Environment and 100% Company Paid Benefits
- Start Date: February 2020
Ian Martin Workforce is working with the leading bus repair and refurbishment specialists in Canada. They have been in business for over 45 years using some of the most specialized equipment in the industry. You will always be busy with their 60-bay, over 100,00 square foot facility with custom built paint spray booths and paint prep stalls.
As their new Assistant Shop Manager, you will enjoy working in a fast-paced production environment with multiple concurrent projects that need to meet deadlines. You enjoy being challenged and being a part of a collaborative work environment. You are able to maintain a positive attitude and find ways to work smarter and more efficiently on an ongoing basis. You have a great work ethic, believe in putting the customer first and can be a hands-on leader with shop employees.
You will be…
- Develop a positive work environment, assigning and monitoring job tasks and providing overall support to technicians, welders, general labourers and other shop employees.
- Hire, train, motivate and counsel the shop employees.
- Inspect and quality control shop employees’ work.
- Manage and schedule employees for optimal efficiency and quality repairs done on time.
- Prioritize work to achieve best in class customer service.
- Maintain accurate repair order flow to satisfy shop and customer requirements.
- Manage and schedule current capacity of repair, maintenance and refurbishment bays, the associated service equipment and tools for optimal use.
- Manage, oversee and populate data into a computerized work flow tracking systems.
- Work with finance on customer invoicing and accounts receivable.
- Work with purchasing & materials department on vendor purchasing & payments.
- Work with the business development team on certain sales efforts.
Why this is the right job for you…
- Minimum five (5) of experience supervising body repairs and/or assembly of heavy-duty vehicles.
- Ten (10) plus years of direct experience in an automotive/truck environment is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of heavy-duty vehicle/equipment preventative maintenance, refurbishment and repair practices and procedures.
- Sound business judgement, highly developed organizational, administrative, supervisory, time
management and interpersonal skills.
- Sound management skills and the ability to effectively plan, direct and oversee employees.
- Demonstrated ability to design, manage and monitor processes and procedures
- Attention to detail, safety oriented, reliable, self-motivated and flexible
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel; ability to learn computer software related to the repair, inventory and warehouse processes
- Able to withstand long periods of standing and bending
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.