Our client in the Automotive Parts Manufacturing Industry and based in the North of the GTA is looking to hire, on a 12 month contract, strong embedded Software Engineers to work within their Mechatronics division.
They are a global leader in their field and are looking to hire experienced (minimum 5 years) professionals to join their team to help with the development of embedded software and to develop control code for prototype and production systems, specifically developing software for Mechatronic systems that will meet the needs and expectations of customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Software controlling power modules for high-current vehicle applications such as brushed and brushless motors
- Software for 16-bit and 32-bit micro-controller-based ECUs for vehicle hardware control
- Development of control module software for in-house hardware applications
- Diagnosis and repair of existing code for electrical/electronic/mechatronic systems
- Establishment, concurrence, documentation and maintenance of software requirements and specifications for assigned projects
- Verification, validation and testing of developed software solutions for assigned projects, performing both white-box- and black-box-level tests for the developed software
- Assist in the development of project plans, including timing and deliverables
- Adhere to version control requirements and change-tracking
- University degree in Electrical/Electronics, Mechatronics, Measurement and Control or Computing engineering
- Experience working with 16/32-bit controllers from Freescale, Infineon, Microchip etc.
- Experience with device-driver-level and application-level software development
- Experience working with varied IDEs, debuggers and tool chains such as Cosmic, Keil, Eclipse, Visual Studio, etc.
- Experience developing embedded systems using:
- C/C++ programming including MISRA Coding Standards, Embedded C(++)
- Assembly-level programming
- Experience with communication protocols including network modelling such as:
- CAN, LIN, SPI, SENT, SSI
- Exposure to computer-aided design and analysis tools such as:
- MathWorks’s Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, or Labview
Any of the following experience would be a nice to have:
- Experience working with Vector Tools such as VFlash, CANalyzer and CanoE
- Experience with software for gateway modules for OEM vehicle bus interface
- Experience with Software Configuration Management for version control
- Experience with Software development for P-SPICE, A-SPICE, CMMI-level compliance
- Experience in development to ISO 26262 including a good understanding of the ASIL risk classification scheme
- Experience with AUTOSAR
- Exposure to ISO 14229 Road vehicles — Unified diagnostic services tools and disciplines
- Strong understanding of state-of-the-art micro-controllers such as PPC and MPC platforms, ARM Core, or TI DSP
- Understanding of power electronics, DC and AC motors, motor controllers, power conversion, power storage, signal conditioning and digital communication
- Experience with automotive and industrial control and electromechanical systems, data acquisition techniques/equipment, including associated transducers and instrumentation
- Hands-on experience with vehicle instrumentation and sensor conditioning
- Exposure to electronic system testing procedures and tools
- Exposure to vehicle telematics and infotainment
- Overall knowledge of the automotive and related electronics industries
There may be some travel required to various engineering, production and customer locations as required.
ABOUT IAN MARTIN:
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.