The Electrical Project Lead is responsible for the overall execution of assigned projects. This includes all aspects of project management such as initiating, planning, implementing and monitoring all stages of the life cycle of a project from inception, approval to final acceptance and close out.
Project Initiation and Planning
- Support the project sponsor in the development and approval of the project charter or investment rational document.
- Establish recommendations for project budgets, contingency and milestones.
- Prepare risk management plans with input from project team and stakeholders.
- Provide oversight and input to safe work planning including impacts to nuclear safety, radiation safety, conventional safety and environmental safety.
- Recommend, develop and implement procurement strategies. This includes development of tender and RFQ documents.
- Evaluate vendor proposals and make recommendation for contract
award that provides the best value to the client
- Manage and administer contracts, including payment approvals and change orders
Project Implementation and Monitoring
- Provide oversight of station support related to project implementation including documentation and training of station staff.
- Provide contractor oversight for technical and field execution work.
- Ensure all contract terms and conditions are aligned with field
installations, contractor schedules and work planning.
- Manage performance issues with project team including supplemental personnel
- Monitor field execution to ensure safety and quality standards are met.
- Manage project changes.
- Timely detection of challenges to safety, quality, cost and schedule that will ensure development and execution of effective prevention, mitigation, or corrective actions.
- Participate or lead incident investigations and recommend corrective actions.
- Participate in the corrective management process.
- Ensure project closure criteria have been met.
- Facilitate project close out processes including documentation and financial closeout.
- Document and distribute lessons learned.
- Perform vendor evaluations.
Required Experience and Education
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in an industrial environment, in the Electrical Engineering field
- Nuclear experience preferred
- Preferred five years relevant project management experience of effectively managing projects, contracts and providing personnel oversight.
- P.Eng preferred
- Post-secondary education in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in design, field implementation, operation and maintenance of a nuclear plant.
- Experience with effectively implementing projects and tasks during planned outages.
- Experience in managing contracts.
- Knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of nuclear safety principles, nuclear station systems, and nuclear business.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Visio and SAP.