Our Public Sector client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a “Client Representative Assistant” for 3-month contract role.
As a “Client Representative Assistant” is responsible for providing sympathetic and /a tactful liaison with clients, caregivers, relatives, social workers and health care and legal professionals in stressful situations. Creating/reviewing/updating/adjusting/editing and initiating online “recurring entries” to ensure payments and allowances from various government benefit programs.
- Initiates and responds to enquires from clients, caregivers, health-care professionals, legal professionals internal and external, financial institutions, creditors, relatives of clients and other interested parties by:
- Receiving, prioritizing and responding to a high volume of telephone/walk in inquires and distributing cheques when necessary;
- Determining nature and urgency of enquiry and establishing appropriate level of priority;
- Providing sympathetic and /a tactful liaison with clients, caregivers, relatives, social workers and health care and legal professionals in stressful situations;
- Clarifying and explaining legislation, regulations, policy and procedures of the client to clients/relatives and other interested parties;
- Resolving client concerns and/or referring to Client Representative or other appropriate staff, coordinating resolution if necessary.
Provides financial analysis and control by:
- Analyzing, reviewing and taking appropriate action on discrepancies and accumulated arrears and problems on accounts;
- Creating/reviewing/updating/adjusting/editing and initiating online “recurring entries” to ensure payments and allowances from various government benefit programs;
- Reviewing overall financial situation of clients; obtaining and verifying data pertaining to all existing government benefits and/or the possibility of eligibility for benefits available to client(s); securing, applying, rectifying clients’ social insurance and health insurance number(s);
- Obtaining appropriate documents; making application in accordance with the rules and regulations of Old Age Security, Canada Pension Plan, Quebec Pension Plan, Unemployment Insurance Acts and various health insurance programs;
- Ascertaining and confirming whether treatment and/or drugs are covered under the client’s supplementary health plan(s), including the submission of claims for supplementary health and hospital benefits;
- Requesting information from the income tax unit in the client’s portfolio on taxable and non-taxable income in order to complete application for additional subsidiary benefit(s) under the provisions of the Old Age Security Act;
- Initiating and preparing online cash disbursements for expenses (e.g. clothing, bed holding, special allowances) after analyzing client’s income, cash balance/expenditures for approval of Client Representative
- Assessing the needs, initiating new allowances and reviewing existing allowances of clients and/or dependents; contacting recipients/care givers to access ongoing needs;
- Identifying potential problems with on-going payments, such as declining cash balances; placing “cash reserve” on client’s accounts to prevent debits;
- Conducting periodic reviews of cash balances on hand at various facilities/homes to ensure that funds are being used appropriately;
- Monitoring and determining Personal Needs Allowance/PIN Money/In Trust Account funds to ensure that funds remain at appropriate levels.
Utilizing computer mainframe database, provides internal/external research function by:
- Reviewing client files, Data Base and System Reports to obtain pertinent information;
- Corresponding with caregivers, banks, utilities, Government agencies and other interested parties to obtain/provide financial/medical/accommodation information as required;
- Locating and scrutinizing legal documentation such as Wills, Powers of Attorney and particulars of clients’ financial interest in deceased person’s estates/other interests e.g. investments, stocks and Trust Funds;
- Reviewing assets such as land, cottages, bank accounts, motor vehicles to ensure they are recorded appropriately for the benefit of the client; recording miscellaneous assets e.g. wheelchairs;
- Reviewing clients’ effects in storage to recommend consideration for disposition or continuation to the Client Representative
- Obtaining personal, financial, sociological and/or health data of clients by liaising with health-care professionals, social workers, caregivers, family members, legal professionals, business associates and friends or clients.
Other duties as assigned may include:
- Participating in the training of new Client Representative Assistants as required;
- Assisting other Client Representatives Assistants as required (e.g. when on sick leave or vacation)
- Controlling a petty cash account;
- Maintaining keys for client properties;
- Preparing and distributing incoming and outgoing mail;
- Relieving reception/switchboard staff when requested;
- Arranging for maintenance of office equipment;
- As assigned
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- good interpersonal skills, tact, diplomacy;
- good judgment and ability to work effectively and diverse groups of clients and staff;
- good organizational and analytical skills;
- knowledge of eligibility and application requirements of the Canada Pension Plan, Quebec Pension Plan, Old Age Security, Health Insurance and Unemployment insurance;
- mathematical skills, initiative, resourcefulness and ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines of workloads;
- creativity in dealing with problematic situations;
- computer literacy, knowledge of mainframe environment and local area network, windows and WordPerfect 6.1 applications;
- understanding and appreciation of role of the client and of related policies, procedures and legislation;
- working knowledge of the health sector and issues related to vulnerable adults;
- must exercise judgement in establishing work priorities.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.