We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Cost & Schedule Analyst
Resume Due Date: Friday, April 3, 2020 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 12 months
Project: Refurb Functions – Planning & Controls team
The Cost & Schedule Analyst supports cost estimating, budgeting, variance analysis, and monitors activities as directed.
- Assists in developing and implementing requirements for cost recording, cost coding, reporting, and analyzing standards, programs, and reports.
- Performs performance monitoring and control functions for specific applications.
- Assists with scope definition requirements for a discipline or other specialty and works with Area/Functional support personnel and other sources.
- Coordinates the production of required data to conform to the overall budget and or estimate preparation plan.
- Performs cost data analysis and development.
- Coordinates quantification estimates for trends/baseline change proposals.
- Assists in developing specific project cost control accounts and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions. This includes training in the proper use and definition of the cost accounts.
- Assists with change control process for scope, cost and schedule.
- Assists discipline groups in determining what information is required from other disciplines to support schedule activities and how to interface with cost at the control account level.
- Provides schedule knowledge to assist in discipline planning and interfacing with cost.
- For the monitoring process, conduct or produce regular cost reports in support of operations, maintenance, outage, engineering and project work.
- As assigned, conduct the production of, or prepare special or ad hoc cost reports, as requested.
- Assist line management in interpretation of cost in relation to operational/project results.
- Acquire all relevant cost information as requested by line to help identify explanations of cost variance.
- Advise, assist and influence line management towards a direction of avoiding and resolving cost problems.
- As assigned, conduct investigations into questionable costs of specialized costing areas of needs.
- Perform cost analysis. Identify deviations from the plan. Take/recommend corrective action as appropriate to mitigate budget variance, and monitor results of same.
- Provide advice to line management regarding the identification of need for year end projection changes.
- Make effective recommendations to line on mitigating actions, or facilitate the proactive year end projection changes.
- Contribute to project review meetings, as necessary, to monitor progress, identify problems, and initiate corrective actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, business, or an engineering field.
- 3+ years of experience in the construction, energy, utility, or engineering field.
- Requires strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experienced in preparation of cost forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis.
- Competency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access).