Our Public Sector client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a IT Client Support Specialist for a 5+month contract opportunity.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work on upgrade their Operating System (OS) environment from Windows 7 to Windows 10
Deliverables (What the resources will do)
The requirements could include, but is not limited to:
- Backing up data, installation and configuration of new software/operating system, setup and configuration of new equipment (printers and scanners)
- Restoring user data/settings
- Documenting equipment that is deployed and returned.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
- 2-year diploma in Computer Science or related program from a community college or equivalent
- Directly related experience in an IT environment and demonstrated technical expertise in various areas of technology, including:
- A thorough knowledge of MS Windows 7 and 10
- expertise in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Hands-on knowledge of Lotus Notes Client 9.0 and experience working with Notes databases
- Working knowledge of Active Directory
- Experience working with incident tracking software and the ability to learn new technologies quickly will support success in this assignment.
- Candidates should also have excellent customer service and communication skills and the ability to work well both independently and as a valued member of a team to support the successful, timely upgrade to Windows 10.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.