Do you want to work for one of the largest “Utility” company? They are currently looking for a “Project Assistant” to support their facility in Waltham, MA. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
The Project Analyst is an integral member of the Infrastructure Solution Delivery (ISD) team and is responsible for assisting in the coordination of various activities associated with the projects & programs assigned to the team. Their principal responsibility is to support the project manager to ensure that the project delivers to time, cost and quality standards. They are an expert in National Grid PPM frameworks and provide guidance and support to the project to ensure that they are compliant, creating action plans and escalating non-compliance if required. As examples, responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Tracking of various aspects of project development and execution.
- Assist in the development of key project-related deliverables assigned by the Project Manager.
- Perform logistical support to the project managers.
- Develop other project-related processes and artifacts assigned by the project manager
Project Analyst Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the project/program complies to National Grid frameworks and policies, providing support and guidance to the project as required
- Responsible for internal project audits to check that all relevant project artifacts/documentation are in place, ensuring that the project is always audit-ready
- Supports all external audits as required
- Escalate non-compliance to the Project Manager in the first instance, then the Portfolio Director if required
- Supporting the monthly financial process, ensuring that forecasts are as accurate as possible and monthly finance deadlines are adhered to
- Assist in the development of project status, program board and/or steering committee material
- Assist with the drafting of project documentation
- Supporting project governance activities, including setting project cadence for meetings and reporting for the project
- Has in-depth knowledge of the delivery framework, governance & structure of agile & waterfall projects, guiding other members of the project team
- Assisting with setting up / maintaining the project plan and RAID log in Microsoft Project Online
- Provide a central point of accountability for coordinating and processing invoices
- Effectively and accurately supporting communication of relevant project information to the project team and external parties
- Schedule/coordinate project activities to include meetings, teleconferences, videoconferences, etc.
- Participate in both internal and external meetings, keeping accurate notes and distributing meeting minutes as appropriate
- Assist in tracking development, approval, and processing for all Statement of Works, Engage WPs, other
- Assist in the development of the closure paper and associated proceedings
Management & Reporting Structure:
- The Project Analyst team report directly into the ISD Portfolio Director, with a dotted line into the Project Manager
- The Portfolio Director sets overall roles & responsibilities and the strategy for the Project Analyst team
- The Project Manager will handle day to day task management specific to the project
- The Portfolio Director is responsible for deciding what projects the Project Analysts are assigned to, based on capacity, prioritization & skillset
- Project Analysts will work with the project manager to resolve issues on a day to day basis, escalating to the Portfolio Director on an exception basis
- Project Analysts working in Agile teams
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Project Assistant, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.