Do you want to work for one of the largest utility companies in Massachusetts? They are currently looking for a Contract Specialist to support their Waltham facility. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
- Identify company resources needs and work with the Resource Strategy team on fulfilling the needs
- Collaborate with Business Stakeholders to understand the complexity of projects and provide recommendations on the adequate contract strategy for the construction of complex projects
- Develop, maintain and update key contractual documents including Statement of Work, Contract Specification, Pricing workbook, schedule of values, etc.
- Proposal evaluation team member
- Review identified risks, identify missing risks and ensure all risks have mitigation plans
- Develop and maintain a relationship with all internal stakeholders both inside and outside of CD
- Support Resource Strategy in identifying areas of focus for each contractor
- Stay current with the latest internal feedback on each contractor
- Support Post award Contract Management in contractual decision making and updating the contracts as needed
- Support Securing Resources team during minor and major weather events in New York & New England. Responsibilities could include procuring, processing, or tracking contractor crews. Storm support is required 365 days a year and may involve weekend and holiday work as needed.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration or equivalent experience required
- Proficiency – Microsoft Office applications
- Strong background in Contract Management is a plus
- Experience in planning/executing construction projects
- Experience in generating or reviewing bid proposals a plus
- Stakeholder Management – Develop and maintain a relationship with all Client's stakeholders. Individual should expect to check in with all stakeholders and periodically meet face to face with key players.
- Written Communication – Responsible for maintaining main contract documents. Individual is required to process large amounts of information and write simple easy to understand policy into the contract documents.
- Analytical Skills – Creating different reports and analysis
- Technical Skills – Ability to read, interpret, and understand Construction Drawings
- Travel – travel will be occasional. Some meetings will require trips between Waltham, Albany, Syracuse, and Long Island. Expected overnight travel should be for less than 5% of the time.