Do you want to work for one of the leading “Aerospace or Avionics” company in California? They are currently looking for an “Direct Category Manager” to support their facility in Irvine, CA. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Detailed Job Description
- Develop global sourcing strategies for the Support Services Category
- Work with various business stakeholder groups to identify and qualify new or existing capable suppliers, initiate requests for proposals/quotations (RFPs/RFQs), advise requestors with respect to contract terms and conditions
- Conduct RFP and lead cross functional teams through the selection process of preferred suppliers with effective scoring criteria to critically evaluate supplier proposals in accordance within company policies
- Lead negotiations on commercial procurement agreements, including, but not limited to, Master Agreements, Statements of Work, Change Orders balancing business deliverables, legal interests and pricing
- Conduct analysis on proposals for Support Services in support of various business functions
- Analyze total costs, assist business functions with ROI analysis, price and rate benchmarking and negotiate favorable business terms to leverage company purchasing power
- Provide global contract expertise for sourcing of Support Services products and services for various business units
- Evaluate single sourcing requests and ensure competitiveness
- Research market intelligence to understand cost drivers and market trend
- Develop, refine and implement category strategies and tactics that enable the procurement of support services products and services at the highest value benefit to the company
- Add value by being the subject matter expert on Support Services categories/commodities and consulting internal clients on industry trends, benchmarking, and best practices
- Lead cross-functional meetings with various business functions and develop a communication strategy to keep internal clients informed about procurement processes, supplier strategy, and procurement policies
- Manage supplier relationships with focus on supply risk management, contract risk management and cost management
- Mediate supplier issues and resolve customer / supplier contract disputes if necessary
- Lead and participate in quarterly business reviews with vendors to review performance and support mutually agreed upon improvement programs as required
- Support ad-hoc reporting needs including supplier scorecards and other reporting
- Evaluate processes and recommend improvements to standardize lifecycle contract and sourcing processes and systems
- Ensure pricing & deliverables as negotiated are included in the contract, coordinate comparison of proposals and final contract terms
- Act as liaison between Legal and the business
- Provide timely updates, support management reporting of quarterly reports and address any issues quickly
Applicants with qualifications will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted