Technical Sales Representative – Lead
- Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- Full-time permanent position
- 60,000-80,000 + bonus structure
- Benefit Package + RRSP Contributions
- Relocation Assistance Offered
Are you a sales driven individual that is passionate about new technologies on the market? Ian Martin Workforce is working with a leader in the supply and service of compressed air equipment and industrial pneumatic components for manufacturing facilities.
There is tons of excitement in the air because of a new acquisition which leaves a big opportunity for someone to help drive the new brand. The newest team member can show their leadership skills by driving the new branding to market and help unite the new partnership between the companies. You will have the opportunity to travel, receive training on new technologies and learn from other industry leaders.
What you will be doing:
- Applying the Company’s vision and business strategies to potential sales channels and developing new growth opportunities.
- Acquire knowledge and technical expertise to understand the design of compressor systems for industrial and commercial customers.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints & construction drawings
- Coordinate with Inside Sales Representatives to support sales activities and customer follow-up.
- Prepare proposals for customers to include quotations, product literature and work with manufacturer to provide system design details, and performance specifications.
- Tailor proposals to the business and application needs of the customer
- Participate and attend different marketing activities (seminars, trade shows, events, etc.) Following up with leads associated with these marketing activities
- Establish sales strategies and reviewing sales pipeline opportunities with the Sales Manager
- Monitor and report competitive activities for market/territory development
- Provide input to the annual budget and monthly sales meetings based on fact based territory knowledge of sales highlights, lesson’s learned, challenges and growth opportunities
- Understanding of market verticals, product categories, market segmentation of customer’s product needs, along with executing the territory business plan
- Air Compressor knowledge and 3-5 years of sales experience is required
- Experience in the development of solution sales strategy by analyzing the client needs to support the business objectives for existing and new customers
- Self-motivated, excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills to problem solve, assess solution sales opportunities.
- Recommend and implement tactical sales strategies and marketing plans
- Identifying new markets through prospecting
- Develop customer sales forecast and annual budget
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Technical Diploma or Certification
- Sales experience with variable frequency drives would be an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.