Our client is an established leader in the deep foundations industry. They are looking for a Project Engineer to work at their Kitimat LNG terminal construction site. The role will be on a 14/7 rotation with FIFO and accommodation provided. The Project Engineer (West) reports directly to the Project Director (West) and is responsible for supporting the Project team(s) with construction activities such as planning, organizing, change management including RFI’s and change orders, and record keeping of the installation of the various types of work.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION
- Preparing the site and liaising with other construction professionals such as estimators, engineers, and geotechnical surveyors before construction work starts;
- Assist with preparation of project budgets and schedules and ensuring the project is completed within budget and on schedule;
- Reviewing the project plans and specifications and commenting on the design, schedule, possible cost savings measures, and potential construction problems;
- Monitors daily, weekly and monthly labour, equipment, material and subtrade costs.
- Coordinate several projects at once;
- Monitor the activities of subcontractors, subconsultants, and suppliers on projects;
- Ensure the timely mobilization of the proper equipment, tooling, and staff to project site as well as the timely delivery of materials by vendors;
- Interface with clients as required;
- Assisting and cooperating with the HSE team to ensure regulations relating to health, safety and the environment are adhered to;
- From time to time, the successful candidate may assume Project Management responsibilities; and
- Be an active participant in the client's Canada’s Health and Safety Program.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction related field of engineering;
- Registered as an E.I.T. with APEGBC;
- 0-2 years of related experience would be an asset;
- Experience in deep foundation techniques would be an asset;
- Well-developed interpersonal customer service and relationship building skills;
- Good oral and written English-language skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Self-motivated, energetic and reliable with a positive disposition;
- The ability to work under pressure and to prioritize work effectively;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.