- Location: Whitby, ON
- Second Shift: 4:pm-12:00 am
- Salaried Position – pay ranges will depend on experience
- Bonus Eligible
Ian Martin Workforce is looking for two top performing Production Supervisors for full-time permanent positions in the Durham Region.
Supervisors at this facility will be responsible for managing the second shift. Candidates with a strong background in people leadership and a keen understanding of lean principles and continuous improvement are encouraged to apply:
- Very hands on leadership. Being visible on the floor for your team. Jumping in and helping out where needed is a standard within the facility
- You are a key contributor for the performance management for your team. You will be addressing all issues pertaining to wages, hiring and terminating.
- Lead assigned staff through coaching, counseling, motivating and disciplining as needed; planning, monitoring and appraising job results
- You are able to give direction, set expectations and direct activities designed to achieve and maintain high employee morale; fostering intra- and inter-department cooperation.
- Big Customer focus when it come to product processing as well as monitoring the movement as it is processed through the facility, stored and shipped.
- Maintaining machines. Troubleshoot when required and call for maintenance for more complex repairs.
- Maintains mechanical and technical skills, knowledge and abilities by attending workshops, reviewing trade publications and participating in training operators and material handlers to conduct minor, basic repairs to equipment, machinery, etc.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment by advising management of unsafe work practices or conditions and supporting plant safety by openly discussing safety in meetings
- Exchange ideas freely and coordinate with management to review methods and approaches to effective implementation of work instructions
- Exhibits a commitment to Lean principles and Continuous Improvement practices by ensuring defect-free workmanship, assisting others to meet the Customer’s needs, searching for efficient and effective ways to reduce waste, being active and accountable for Customer satisfaction, and satisfying the Customer’s needs with a sense of urgency.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years in a lead operations/production position with FDA and/or ISO and/or regulated industry with strong Customer focus. Will accept minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in lieu of degree.
- Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
- Requires computer literacy. And being proficient or at least strong Excel spreadsheet knowledge as it is critical for this role.
- Effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior experience.
- Above average organizing and analyzing skill and Level 2 math skill (four basic arithmetic functions in all units of measurement, decimals ratios, rates, percentages) to determine organizational, customer and regulatory problems and formulate corrective action plans
- Ability to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities
- You can positively influence people and express opinions, attitude or feedback to your teammates in a constructive way.
- Effectively evaluate and make decisions that will impact the team and production.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.