Our Port Colborne operation is currently seeking an instrument technologist for a long term contract. The successful candidate will maintain and improve the reliability of production by installing/replacing and calibrating quality instrumentation.
- Safely install, test, debug and troubleshoot various pieces of equipment, preforming inspections as required.
- Safely perform Preventative Maintenance work to meet production schedules.
- Diagnose and repair instrumentation equipment problems and breakdowns to reduce impact on operations.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints, electrical diagrams and OEM Manuals.
- Follow established Company Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures
- Availability for repair of emergency breakdowns/unscheduled call-ins 24 hours/day and participate in rotating “on-call” schedule by carrying a cellphone and responding to address production downtime related to instrumentation.
- Report deviations to established procedures and provide required documentation of work performed.
Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of Ontario Electrical Safety Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and all other applicable legislation required Concern for Health, Safety and Environment Accuracy and thoughtfulness Teamwork and cooperation Strong mechanical and automation background would be an asset
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 3-5 years of trade experience (apprenticeship included)
Education and Professional Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess an Instrumentation and Control Technician (447A) and or Red seal accreditation.
The following education will also be considered:
- College Technician or Technology Diploma in Instrumentation
- College Technology Diploma in the Electrical/Electronics discipline with Instrumentation and/or Automation specialty
The following are considered assets:
- PLC or DCS background
- Industrial or Construction Electrician license
- Gas technician certification
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted