A progressive Niagara region employer requires a Lab Analyst to work in their industrial lab facilities on a 1 year contract.
- Residing in the Niagara area
- Personality must be reliable and committed
- Willing to work overtime/weekend day/holiday IF necessary
- Will require working 12 hour continental shifts
Duties and Accountabilities:
This is an in-process quality analysis position where samples of metallurgical product are routinely analyzed during production through a variety of methods using state of the art instruments and techniques.
- Metals analysis, trace analysis and sample preparation
- Working knowledge of ICP
- Sample preparation, including weighing, digesting and diluting a broad range of different sample types
- Perform routine sample analysis using a variety of analytical techniques
- Perform complex sample analysis with assistance from senior personnel
- Operation and basic maintenance of analytical instrumentation
- Have knowledge of laboratory safety manual, quality manual, test methods, and SOPs in order to perform daily responsibilities and to report departures from these established procedures
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Chemistry preferred) or relevant Technical College Diploma
- Experience in an industrial or commercial laboratory (preferred)
- 17025 accredited facility experience (asset)
- Working knowledge of ICP and Leco experience an asset
- Any WHIMIS / SDS / CPR training would be considered an asset.