The Construction Coordinator will ensure the successful construction of assigned projects monitoring the constraints of SAFETY, COST, SCHEDULE & DELIVERABLES. The incumbent will be part of the project team and provide daily progress reports to all of the stakeholders. The incumbent will be intimately familiar with engineering standards and good construction practices. The person will also be expected to be knowledgeable in each project contract, scope of work and through this knowledge ensure company interests are protected. The incumbent will be expected to coordinate the construction aspects of multiple projects simultaneously.
Safety, Environment & Health:
- Know & follow all safety policies, procedures & standards applicable to the division and to the department
- Demonstrate safe behaviour
- Create and follow a personal safety plan annually that supports the goals of the department.
- Ensure that all projects are executed/contractors are using PHA, MOC and SLAM.
- Ensure all personnel working on projects are suitably orientated to the operation
- Conduct daily audits using SLAM on constructors during the course of the project execution
- Compile and maintain project safety statistics
- Manage Project Safety Plans
Production & Execution:
- Assist in the initial development of the project action plan for execution. Working with the operations and the constructor adapt the execution plan to ensure ongoing operations and project schedule are not adversely impacted
- Produce and distribute daily reports on the progress of each project.
- Prepare and issue Field Work Instructions/Orders FWI’s to be approved by the assigned Project Manager
- Develop and coordinate all project execution activities including kick off meeting, regular progress meetings, safety orientations, work quality inspections and commissioning
- Ensure constructor is maintaining a clean set of red lined drawings
- Utilize Project Delivery System including forms and procedures with local adaptations
- Review all request for extra’s with respect to the contract and issue the appropriate documentation
- Review all submitted progress certificates for accuracy of work performed
- Bringing to the immediate attention of the Senior Specialist – Projects any major deviations from the budget schedule or scope
- Ensure the work performed is in conformance with engineering standards and good trade practice
- Act as the liaison between constructor, operations and the Senior Specialist – Projects
- Ensure deliverable final product meets the scope of work and the intent of the project
- Quality will be judged on Operability & Maintainability of final product, cost, schedule and safety record.
- Ensure all red lined drawings are handed over to the Senior Specialist – Projects at the end of the project and prior to commissioning.
- Coordinate the removal of all obsolete drawings from the Drawing Management System
- Monitor and coordinate constructor activities to ensure schedule and production is maintained.
- Audit constructor for Safe production practices and report on same daily
- Meet commitments made with customer
- Ensure there is effective care & utilization of assets
- File in a commonly accessible drive all project related documentation in an effective fashion
- Ensure all work being performed is fit for purpose
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.