Our client, one of Canada’s largest integrated oil companies has an immediate need for a Compliance Analyst to join their team in their Calgary Head Office location. This would be a 1 year contract position with a good chance of extension.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
The Compliance Analyst will be reporting to the Manager, Marketing Services & Compliance. This team reports into Middle Office and is responsible for supporting the commercial activities of the Trading and Marketing groups from a contractual, tax and regulatory perspective. The Middle Office plays an important risk management function across the enterprise with its focus on price risk management, credit risk management, trade and regulatory compliance and allows for an effective segregation of duties between Front and Middle Office.
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on business activities conducted by Commodity Trading, Canadian Marketing and Treasury.
- Ensure appropriate compliance coverage of the statutes, regulations and orders of Canadian and US governmental agencies that regulate our client’s commodity marketing businesses.
- Provide day to day compliance monitoring and advice for energy purchases and sales.
- Maintain appropriate compliance monitoring and oversight for any over-the-counter and exchange trading activities in Canada and the US.
- Conduct daily and periodic trade reviews and monitoring trade repositories to verify accurate trade reporting.
- Assist with Compliance administered training of Competition Law, OTC Derivatives and anti-trust / market conduct regulations by internalizing work previously done by our client and their outside legal counsel.
- Ongoing advice and guidance is expected on compliance matters to and in respect of the supported businesses and other functional areas of the company.
- The Compliance Analyst will work directly with business units to support a sustainable culture of compliance. This position is expected to be familiar with U.S. Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, Canadian derivatives regulations, Canadian and U.S. competition and anti-trust laws, and with industry trade compliance practices.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree or college diploma in a related field.
- Three to five years experience in a compliance related role.
- Five to seven years experience in an oil and gas marketing environment would be definite asset.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret changes to regulations and the impact to the business.
- Strong team dynamics as well as the ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to liaise effectively with both internal and external parties.
- Ability to anticipate, assess, and respond effectively to the needs of diverse customers both internal and external, making customer service the priority.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills to set and exceed established goals, schedules and deadlines.
- Capable of learning, assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a high paced team environment.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.