Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational utility service companies.
We currently have an available contract assignment for Computer Operator which will be responsible to provides continuous proactive monitoring and first level admin support, including servers, network devices, applications, databases, voice systems and energy management systems.
If you have experience with the following, then we would like to meet with you.
- Analyzing/Troubleshooting UNIX/Linux server configurations and processes
- Analyzing/Troubleshooting Microsoft server configurations and processes
- Basic database administration
- Monitoring network traffic, analyzing network problems and performance
- Responding to alerts from system monitors & performing first level problem identification and resolution
- Issuing tickets for problem escalation
- Performing batch scheduling functions, including monitoring and execution
- Supporting multiple teams during event identification, escalation and resolution
- An associate's or bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline is preferred but equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Strong problem solving and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong multitasking ability including monitoring a continuous flow of alerts while performing troubleshooting and system administrative tasks
- Highly motivated, creative thinker with proven ability to troubleshoot and solve problems in a production support environment
- Network & Windows troubleshooting and administrative skills
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix operating system and commands