Job Title: Construction Manager
Location: Sudbury, ON
Duration: Until February 2020
The Construction Manager, Underground Development, Infrastructure and Logistics will provide effective leadership to the project area leads and contractors to safely execute all mine development, surface and underground infrastructure and delivery of logistics services for a major mine redevelopment project in Northern Ontario. Reporting to the Project Director, the position is a senior leadership role within the project organization that will deliver effective management practices for all construction, mine development and logistics services while working cross-functionally with the managers of Engineering, Procurement, Project Controls and Contract Management. Through visible felt leadership the Construction Manager will ensure that direct reports and all project contractors comply with the Safety, Health and Environment requirements of the project. The brownfield nature of the project and the need for daily interaction with the ongoing mining operations will require the role holder to possess highly developed skills in planning, communication, facilitation and problem solving that enables win-win solutions.
- Post-Secondary education in a mining related discipline or equivalent education and experience.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act, Regulation 854 for Mines & Mining Plants and Regulation 213 for Construction Projects.
- Proven track record in personal safety and housekeeping practices.
- 15 years of underground mining experience.
- 10 years of senior management experience in brownfield mining construction projects.
- Significant experience in mine shaft refurbishment and underground infrastructure construction.
- Extensive knowledge of underground development methods, blasting, ventilation, reconditioning, raise development and mine services.
- Strong leadership, communication, problem solving, negotiation and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate directly with senior management
- Extensive knowledge of construction operations inclusive of all engineering disciplines, contract management, general construction procedures and techniques, fixed plant and mobile maintenance practices and the applicable codes and standards to this work.
- Ability to work efficiently as part of an integrated team as well as independently
- Ontario Hard Rock Underground Common Core – Full Basic (or other provincial equivalent)