Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as USA’s leading Utility company.
We are looking for a Construction Manager to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Pennsylvania, United States
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Engineering, Finance or a closely related degree such as a minor in Construction Management; Advanced degree is a plus;
- Must have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in project organization with a background in engineering, finance, construction or project controls;
- Strong project management skills are required with a demonstrated ability to develop, manage and control multiple tasks;
- Experience in architecture, mechanical, electrical, or structural design of commercial and industrial facilities is required.
- Must have experience reading, interpreting and understanding facilities architectural and engineering drawings. Detailed project controls experience is a plus;
- Experience with Project Management tools such as Primavera, MS Project, etc., with related Scheduling/Resource Planning expertise is a plus;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project) and AutoCAD is a plus;
- Support and manage all aspects of the project management life cycle for planning, bidding, awarding and oversight of capex/construction projects throughout FirstEnergy’s real estate portfolio;
- Oversee the planning, design and engineering, construction and closeout of various types of capital and O&M projects. Projects entail an array of facility and infrastructure categories including offices, service centers, data centers, warehouses, emergency operating facilities, and transmission dispatch and regional dispatch facilities;
- Facilitate and manage capex project activities on behalf of operating companies and other business units;
- Develop project documentation and perform reviews for clarity and completeness – examples include programming and scoping documents, performance specifications, project plans, contracts, equipment and constructions bid packages, requisitions, bills of material or material requests for issue, task authorizations, and engineering work requests;
- Perform detailed facility assessment analysis and input into FirstEnergy’s facility database for future project planning;
- Develop detailed engineering job packages for modifications or additions to electrical, mechanical, HVAC, building envelope and site work;
- Engage and coordinate all project stakeholders including consultants, contractors and internal resources. Examples are, but not limited to, architects, engineers, general contractors, and internal IT and security resources. This also includes monitoring and/or reporting contractor resource levels;
- Take responsibility for the quality assurance and control of assigned projects, including identification of quality requirements, responsibility for agreed upon quality assurance program and if required, oversee the review and approval process for contractor provided procedures;
- Identify all project requirements, develop performance specifications, establish and manage construction budgets and schedules;
- Develop and maintain corporate design standards;
- Prepare and present project status reports for management. Reports entail recurring, standard reports and ad hoc reports that address status of scope, budget and schedule that identify risks and issues, and outlines mitigation strategies;
- Communicate project goals, priorities and decisions to the Leadership Team;
- Partner with operating companies and other business units from project conception and planning through construction and turnover. This includes obtaining concurrence (or buy-in) from affected departments to support the proposed schedule, resource requirements, and review and approval of project plans;
- Ensure project close-out and lessons-learned reviews are completed. Participate in audit of completed projects to evaluate whether identified objectives and benefits have been realized;
- Perform project analytics and planning on behalf of the Administrative Services department;
- Embrace a safe work environment and support a workplace of respect, appreciation and acceptance for everyone;
- Ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and efficient manner;
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required;
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.