The Construction Work Planner is located at our clients work site (Bruce Power) located in Tiverton, Ontario and typically reports directly to the Senior Project Manager.
The Construction Work Planner is responsible for understanding, walking down and creating planned work orders in the work management system for the purpose of project implementation activities for Bruce Power Life Extension Program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow all Black and McDonald’s Quality Managed System procedures for work planning.
- Interpret design documents for scope installation
- Write detailed work instructions to accomplish field implementation – this includes knowledge of and reference to many station procedures, standards and specifications.
- Apply knowledge of construction methods and station configuration to create the work task structure breakdown to implement the project.
- Communicates Effectively (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Holds Self and Others Accountable (proven ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions, meet deadlines and prioritize workload)
- Problem Solving and Innovation (Strong analytical and critical thinking skills)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of people in a professional manner; Flexible team player with the ability to function independently while working in a team environment)
- Completion of secondary school is required.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years minimum experience in nuclear power plant industry
- Experience in one or more of the following: electrical, mechanical and civil construction packages