On behalf of our client, a leader in the mining industry we are looking for a Contract Administrator; who will handle financial and contractual management of the Project’s equipment/material, service, and/or construction contracts. He/She will also responsible for monitoring and documenting contractual performance of the agreements ensuring strict observance of terms and conditions.
- Ensure an efficient and conflict free daily interface between Project team members and vendors/contractors by administering contracts and resolving problems in delivery, scheduling, scope changes, pricing issues and quality concerns.
- Ensure contractual requirements are met during execution and ensures the contract management procedures and internal control safeguards are effectively implemented.
- Monitor and evaluate vendor/contractor’s contractual performance and communicate their performance record providing appropriate recognition or instructions for corrective actions.
- Conduct vendor assessments and contractual audits as required.
- Provide support with the preparation of the RFP package and technical evaluation prior to award.
- Provide assistance to the Project Team in the development of sourcing and contracting strategies.
- Collect documentation and data to defend the Company’s interests and to reduce its risk exposure related to vendor/contractor claims.
- Receive, verify and manage all contractual documentation, including insurance certificates, daily reports, time and material reports, etc.
- Administer Requests for Information (RFI) and the contract change management process.
- Create and manage Field Work Instruction’s (FWI), contract change orders (CCO), and the pre and post change order work.
- Ensure financial control processes are enforced in accordance with corporate governance requirements.
- Lead the invoice review process, maintain invoice checklist/issues log to ensure consistent and rigorous attest.
- Monitor key performance indicators relating to the measurement of the services contracted, and provides regular performance assessments to the Project Team.
- Maintain tracking logs for deliveries, mobilization, claims, warranty, issues, and changes.
- Coordinate, and compile for archiving, contract closeout requirements including final contractor documentation, title searches, final payment releases, and contractor performance record.
- Must have 5+ years relevant contract administration experience
- Experience with Excel, MS Word, database management
- Excellent English communication skills (written)
- Mining industry knowledge
- Knowledge of SharePoint or similar