Our client has an immediate need for a Category Advisor to join their Supply Chain Management team. This one year contract position is in their St. John’s, Newfoundland office.
Reporting to the Category Manager – Offshore, the incumbent in this position will be primarily accountable for high and medium risk criticality categories impacting our client. Specifically, the Category Advisor will be responsible for managing the strategic sourcing, contract administration, and supplier performance and relationships aspects of their designated categories. The incumbent will lead the strategy development, sourcing and award activities for high criticality categories as directed by the Category Manager. Working closely with the Business Units, suppliers and other stakeholders, they will be responsible for applying our client’s Strategic Sourcing Methodology (HSSM).
The successful candidate will be responsible for executing all aspects of HSSM as applicable to the role, in accordance with the expectations and requirements of the Operational Integrity Management System (HOIMS). Specifically, they will be responsible to ensure suppliers are appropriately qualified, selected, and monitored for performance in accordance with HSSM and the standards defined by HOIMS. In collaboration with business unit stakeholders, they will work to ensure contracts clearly define supplier expectations, deliverables, and any other requirements as deemed necessary to meet the business standards.
This will be a 1-year contract with a possibility of extension. Typical working hours are Monday-Friday, 8am – 5pm.
• Develop and execute enterprise-wide high and medium risk category strategies by leading cross-functional teams through Husky’s category management process, based on an agreed-upon Delivery Plan and other business strategies approved by management
• Manage the overall sourcing process including RFx development and completion through the use of available technologies
• Negotiate and administer contracts and contract changes as applicable
• Work with business unit contract owners to drive supplier performance and compliance
• Ensure all SCM processes, contract documentation and master data changes are coordinated within the function, collaborating closely with all functions within SCM
MUST HAVE Qualifications:
• Undergraduate Degree in a technical business or related discipline
• 5+ years of experience working in Supply Chain Management
• Supply Chain Management, discipline specific experience in a category
• Previous experience developing pre-award sourcing strategies
• Previous experience executing and evaluating RFx
• Previous experience negotiating contracts and contract changes
• Previous experience with contract administration
• Previous experience creating and maintaining master data (i.e. service masters, vendor masters)
• Previous experience reporting savings, key dates for sourcing activities, and other SCM information
• Previous experience with contract repository management
• Strong proficiency with MS Word and MS Excel
NICE to HAVE Qualifications:
• MBA or MSc Degree
• Professional Supply Chain certification (SCMP, CSCP, CPM, CPSM)
• Oil & Gas industry experience
• Previous experience using Ariba or similar eSourcing platform
• Experience using SAP MM module
If you bring the mentioned skills and experiences to the table, then we would love to chat you!
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.