We have an immediate opening for a “Contracts Manager” for a 6 month contract in Waltham, MA.
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience of managing and providing business support and departmental governance in a complex business function.
- Relevant industry certification (e.g. MCIPS, IACCM) desirable
- Strong background in Contract Management
- Legal background and knowledge of contracting terms & conditions, strongly preferred
- Written Communication – Contract Specialist is responsible for maintaining main contract documents. Individual is required to process large amounts of information and write clear and concise project agreement documents that convey National Grids policy and the scope of the project.
- Stakeholder Management – Contract Specialist will be expected to maintain a relationship with all National Grid & supplier stakeholders. Individual should expect to check in with all stakeholders and periodically meet face to face with key players.
- Negotiations – Contract Specialist, along with Procurement, will contribute to the negotiation on the contracts process. Proven experience negotiating contracts is a plus
- Problem Solver – the large portion of the Contract Specialists time will be solving problems. Contract Specialist is required to perform analysis and make a recommendation and gain buy-in.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy is a must
- Proficiency – Microsoft Office applications – more advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills are a plus, Outlook
- Ability to work within a matrix environment and function as a team member to accomplish the Departments goals
- Effective communications skills and a Good Listener
- Team participation – willing to step in and help others
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted